Calorie Counting Diary - Mini Goals

Thank you Sammy for your lovely message! I know, it's so hard though and I was disappointed and annoyed. Back on track today. June can still be our month can't it? Here's to a good week, on track, and to a good loss for both of us! xxx

June can absolutely still be our month and it will be, we will not be defeated!! I think we should take no notice of what the silly scales tell us until we get to the end of the month. See what we have lost over the whole month. How does that sound? xx

June can absolutely still be our month and it will be, we will not be defeated!! I think we should take no notice of what the silly scales tell us until we get to the end of the month. See what we have lost over the whole month. How does that sound? xx

Thanks Sammy :) That sounds like a plan to me. When you put it like that I've lost 4 1/2 lbs so far with 2 weeks left to go! :D xxx

Aw, thank you so much! That's just the reply I needed to hear :)

Today is definetely a new day. I've yet to eat as having a fast day, just to make up for the weekend!!! So hoping that will help undo a bit of the damage. I won't give up promise, and going to go running in the morning again (if you can call it running lol) I know it takes time. I just feel like I've been dieting since Jan and I'm right back to where I started. :( Thank you so much for your advice and telling off hehe. It is just what I need xxxx

Hi hun xx
We're always here, you should know that, and there'll always b someone who's felt how you've felt x
You sound positive about the new week, which is great. Fasting & exercise is a good way of kick starting things.
Honesty-I was 9st 7lbs the Sunday before Christmas, its now 6 months later & I'm only down to 9st 2lbs-ridiculously slow, but I know I'm maintaining and losing slowly but surely. 5lbs in 6 months-most ppl would hv given up, and believe me I've wanted to, but I know 100% if I had then I'd easily b piling on the weight again.
Let's focus on losing 1.5lbs this week, the both of us. But if we don't, its fine, there's always next week :D xLx

Sent from my SM-T310 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi hun xx
We're always here, you should know that, and there'll always b someone who's felt how you've felt x
You sound positive about the new week, which is great. Fasting & exercise is a good way of kick starting things.
Honesty-I was 9st 7lbs the Sunday before Christmas, its now 6 months later & I'm only down to 9st 2lbs-ridiculously slow, but I know I'm maintaining and losing slowly but surely. 5lbs in 6 months-most ppl would hv given up, and believe me I've wanted to, but I know 100% if I had then I'd easily b piling on the weight again.
Let's focus on losing 1.5lbs this week, the both of us. But if we don't, its fine, there's always next week :D xLx

Sent from my SM-T310 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thank you! Aww, I wish I had good news but I just can't get my head in the game. I tried to fast and then ended up eating some of my mam and sisters tea because I was hungry and then leftover oreo cake that I made on sunday. What is wrong with me!!!! So annoyed with myself. I'm going to go back to basics and just try good old fashioned healthy eating, sticking to 1,200 calories a day until sat and then see what my weight is like at weigh in then decide from there what to do. If I feel like I want a treat I will have it, but within calories. Just need to get me head back in the game!

I know what you mean. I just feel like such a failure :( xxxxx

Don't feel like a failure hun, you have been doing great, this is just a little blip. Keep thinking 'holiday' every time you feel like giving in to temptation.

You will get your head back in the game and I'm back on the straight and narrow now so here to help if I can.

Personally I don't think fasting is the way to go, I've done that in the past and all it does is make you eat more later in the day, as happened to you yesterday. Cut your cals down if that's what you feel you want to do but try using them throughout the day to keep you satisfied and less likely to go off track. Hope you have a good day today xxx

Don't feel like a failure hun, you have been doing great, this is just a little blip. Keep thinking 'holiday' every time you feel like giving in to temptation.

You will get your head back in the game and I'm back on the straight and narrow now so here to help if I can.

Personally I don't think fasting is the way to go, I've done that in the past and all it does is make you eat more later in the day, as happened to you yesterday. Cut your cals down if that's what you feel you want to do but try using them throughout the day to keep you satisfied and less likely to go off track. Hope you have a good day today xxx

I hope so. And I know! What is wrong with me. I'm running out of time!!! :( I only have 10 weigh ins before my holiday!! Ok. That's scared me now haha. Hopefully that will help!!! Feeling better today. Are you ok? How much do you think is a realistic goal for me to get to before my jollies. Would love to be 10stone for going away but not sure if I'll be able to.

I know. Think I just need to stick to my 1,200 to try and get me back on track! How are you doing today? xxxx

I hope so. And I know! What is wrong with me. I'm running out of time!!! :( I only have 10 weigh ins before my holiday!! Ok. That's scared me now haha. Hopefully that will help!!! Feeling better today. Are you ok? How much do you think is a realistic goal for me to get to before my jollies. Would love to be 10stone for going away but not sure if I'll be able to.

I know. Think I just need to stick to my 1,200 to try and get me back on track! How are you doing today? xxxx

Yes, you need to keep the 10 wi days in mind every time you think of having something you know you shouldn't. Not easy but your hol must be a great incentive now.

Glad you're feeling better about things today, me too and think I've got things out of my system over the last couple of nights! Back to being strictly within points as determined to see a loss next Tuesday!

Is it 13.5lbs you need to lose for 10st? If you have three really strict weeks and get 6lbs off then it leaves you with 1lb per week to get of so it is doable but you'd have to be 100% methinks. Def worth a try cos just think how you would feel about going on holiday then! :)

i wish you all the luck hun as know how much you want this. Also know you can do it! xxx

Thank you! Aww, I wish I had good news but I just can't get my head in the game. I tried to fast and then ended up eating some of my mam and sisters tea because I was hungry and then leftover oreo cake that I made on sunday. What is wrong with me!!!! So annoyed with myself. I'm going to go back to basics and just try good old fashioned healthy eating, sticking to 1,200 calories a day until sat and then see what my weight is like at weigh in then decide from there what to do. If I feel like I want a treat I will have it, but within calories. Just need to get me head back in the game!

I know what you mean. I just feel like such a failure :( xxxxx

Afternoon hun xx
I know you've heard it before, but I've been there too hun (2 many times to remember if I'm honest!!). But you've said something in 1 of ur posts that I can totally relate to-ur counting down to ur hols & getting freaked out, causing you to over eat & go off plan
-THAT'S ME!!!! But as my 30th was approaching, I sat myself down & gave myself a good talking too! We're on a journey (cliche alert!) and even tho we can look forward to something, it shouldn't dictate how we eat. And I've actually stuck to it, not stressing that it'll b here next week & that we're going away-and hopefully I'll c a loss this wk and next.
Definitely think of it as a pound, pound & a half loss weekly, but that's the key hun-think of it just 1 wk at a time x
Think calorie counting will b good but don't get into the trap of using them on naughty calories like I started to do :eek:
Lets c what Saturday brings, draw a line & start a fresh xLx
Sent from my ST23i using MiniMins.com mobile app

Yes, you need to keep the 10 wi days in mind every time you think of having something you know you shouldn't. Not easy but your hol must be a great incentive now.

Glad you're feeling better about things today, me too and think I've got things out of my system over the last couple of nights! Back to being strictly within points as determined to see a loss next Tuesday!

Is it 13.5lbs you need to lose for 10st? If you have three really strict weeks and get 6lbs off then it leaves you with 1lb per week to get of so it is doable but you'd have to be 100% methinks. Def worth a try cos just think how you would feel about going on holiday then! :)

i wish you all the luck hun as know how much you want this. Also know you can do it! xxx

I know. Definetely a good incentive. I wish it was 13.5lbs!! I'm back up to 11.13 1/2 now so it's 1 stone 13.5lbs :( So I would have to lose nearly 3lb every week. If I aim for 10 1/2 stone that would be about 21lbs. so I would have to average just over 2lbs a week. It's doable I guess but I'll have to be super strict. So annoyed with myself as I was down to 11.4!!! Grrrr. Stupid stupid kirsty!!! But the thing is when I went on holiday last year I was somewhere between 12 and 12 1/7 so even if I only got to 11 it would still be a bit improvement and then I can just carry on when I get back home. Can't believe I've let it get this far and now I'm running out of time and another year being uncomfortable on holiday :cry: xxxx

Afternoon hun xx
I know you've heard it before, but I've been there too hun (2 many times to remember if I'm honest!!). But you've said something in 1 of ur posts that I can totally relate to-ur counting down to ur hols & getting freaked out, causing you to over eat & go off plan
-THAT'S ME!!!! But as my 30th was approaching, I sat myself down & gave myself a good talking too! We're on a journey (cliche alert!) and even tho we can look forward to something, it shouldn't dictate how we eat. And I've actually stuck to it, not stressing that it'll b here next week & that we're going away-and hopefully I'll c a loss this wk and next.
Definitely think of it as a pound, pound & a half loss weekly, but that's the key hun-think of it just 1 wk at a time x
Think calorie counting will b good but don't get into the trap of using them on naughty calories like I started to do :eek:
Lets c what Saturday brings, draw a line & start a fresh xLx
Sent from my ST23i using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks Elle,

just feel like a right failure. I know. It's so stupid though! Surely the fact I'm going on holiday soon should make me really motivated and disciplined but for some reason it isn't! Grrr. And I think you're right. Just think of it a week at a time. I'm working towards an end goal so any weight lost is all contributing to my overall loss. Must try harder though and sort myself out. I really want to feel comfortable and happy on holiday.

And I'm sure you will see a loss!!! Good luck. And don't worry I won't. Eating mostly fruit if I want to snack. Feeling a bit more positive today. I can have my naughty treats once I'm on my holidays!! lol xxxx

So sorry Kirsty, it was me that got it wrong as had the 11st mark in my head, not 10st.

I think where we fall is having a particular weight we think we should be at a certain time. As you said, even at 11st you are lighter than on your previous hol so what does it really matter if you don't get to 10st this time around? It could happen for the next hol instead. I've been making the same mistake and feel like I need to get to 10st before the summer hols start but at the end of the day the diet doesn't stop there does it? As Ellie said, it's a journey for us and not a short one! As long as we carry on with it and not give up we will definitely get there in the end! xx

So sorry Kirsty, it was me that got it wrong as had the 11st mark in my head, not 10st.

I think where we fall is having a particular weight we think we should be at a certain time. As you said, even at 11st you are lighter than on your previous hol so what does it really matter if you don't get to 10st this time around? It could happen for the next hol instead. I've been making the same mistake and feel like I need to get to 10st before the summer hols start but at the end of the day the diet doesn't stop there does it? As Ellie said, it's a journey for us and not a short one! As long as we carry on with it and not give up we will definitely get there in the end! xx

Yeah, to be fair even at 11 stone I will still be a stone lighter! So any weight off is good news lol

And yeah, you're definetely right. Maybe I shouldn't be so focused on I have to be this weight by then, and rather take it a week at a time and then any loss is good news, rather than if 1 week I sts or gain then I think, well I'm not going to reach my target weight for holiday so just give up. You're right. We just need to keep plodding on until we reach our targets no matter how long it takes.

Thanks for the advice!! :) xxx

Oh Kirsty I know exactly how you feel but I've got 3 weeks only till my holidays I'm 11.2 and I wanted to be 10 so so bad :-( I'm now thinking I will be lucky to be 10.7 for my hols and I'm so bloody angry with myself. I'm here for support / vent any time you need it honey. Ps I'm doing 1380 cals day do you think I can lose a couple pounds a week if I stick at it ? I've never really done Calorie counting xx

Oh Kirsty I know exactly how you feel but I've got 3 weeks only till my holidays I'm 11.2 and I wanted to be 10 so so bad :-( I'm now thinking I will be lucky to be 10.7 for my hols and I'm so bloody angry with myself. I'm here for support / vent any time you need it honey. Ps I'm doing 1380 cals day do you think I can lose a couple pounds a week if I stick at it ? I've never really done Calorie counting xx

Aw. It's nice to talk to someone in the same boat. I've only got myself to blame. How do these holidays just creep up on us? lol. I know what you mean. But 11.2 is still fab! How much were you when you started dieting? All we can do now is give it our all until our holidays! Why don't we set ourselves a mini target of 9lbs for 3 weeks time. I know it's optimistic but will give you something to work towards (and me!) and would get you down to 10.7. Even if we don't manage we can give it a good go!!! To be fair, at the minute I will just be happy if the scales go downwards! lol.

And aw. Thank you. That's good to know and same to you!

I think you could definetely lose a few lbs a week! When I really have my head in the game and have a 100% week I've been known to lose 3 1/2 lbs in one week and then a few weeks ago 5 1/2lbs! It's just I'm a bit naughty and keep going over lol. So stick with your calories and I promise you will lose! Just try to make sure you use your calories in the right way. When I first started I would use a good chunk of my calories on naughty stuff like choccies and crisps, sometimes up to a 1/3 of my daily calories!! :eek: and then have to have a really small tea. Lately I've been swapping most of my naughty treats for fruit and it has really, really helped! Treats are ok every now and then and we are allowed them as long as we are in my calories, I just find that's what works for me. How are you finding it so far? And how long have you been doing it, what's your w.i day etc?

I have quite a few low cal recipes if you ever need inspiration! :) xxx

Morning All,

Well I did it! Resisted the buttercream and was really good so feeling positive today! :D

Breakfast - Low cal hot choc, 2 tangerines, alpen light double choc bar (175cals)
Dinner - 30g cornflakes with semi-skimmed milk, 4 crackerbreads, 2 extra light triangles (278cals)
Tea - 65g lamb chop (fat removed), 150g new potatoes with 20g mozarella, brocolli, carrots, green beans, mint sauce. 200g strawberries and 200g raspberries. (526cals)
Snacks - 200g strawberries with 50g fat free yoghurt, low cal hot choc (129cals)

Total - 1,108calories.

Success. Finally! :D And them strawberries and raspberries for pudding were nearly a creme egg!!! But I resisted :) And really enjoyed my fruit xxxx

Well done Kirsty !
I was 12.10 this time last year approx. thanks for your support it's really motivating ! Going to give it my ALL till 7/7 and whatever I weigh at least I've done my best. I'm not doing my diary any more I'm mega busy just now but will keep up with you & Sammy here and autumn , upndown and everyone on the 2014 thread.

Well done Kirsty, it sounds like you're really back in the zone :) Onwards and downwards we go!

You are doing fab with swapping treats for fruit, I'm proud of you and you should be too! xxx

I did it!! :) feel so happy today. It was soooo hard though. The cake I made was a chocolate one with choc fingers around the outside and malteasers on top, and I didn't eat one!! It was soooo difficult though, but now at least I know I can do it!!! I read your diary and sounds like we are both back to kicking butt in June!!! Woo hoo!

Thank you!! I know. The creme egg was calling me but I thought after my naughty weekend I will try be extra good. Can you remember how many chocolatey treats I used to have!!! xxxx

Well done Kirsty !
I was 12.10 this time last year approx. thanks for your support it's really motivating ! Going to give it my ALL till 7/7 and whatever I weigh at least I've done my best. I'm not doing my diary any more I'm mega busy just now but will keep up with you & Sammy here and autumn , upndown and everyone on the 2014 thread.

Thanks Newme! And wow. That's amazing and just goes to show you can do this! Sure you will do fab in the next few weeks and you will be able to go on holiday feeling fantastic and knowing you look fab! Keep up the fab work and let me know how you get on. What day do you weigh in? xxx

Back