Calorie Counting Diary - Mini Goals

Wednesday 25th June

Breakfast - 100g melon, 100g strawberries (64cals)
Dinner - 4 crackerbreads, 2 extra light triangles, 100g cucumber, 100g carrots, 1 banana (253cals)
Tea - Chicken curry with 150g cooked rice (613cals)
Snacks - 1 apple, 2 low cal hot chocs, 40g fat free yoghurt, 1 mini malteaser bunny (252cals)

Total - 1,182 calories.

Yesterday was a good day :D Also did a solid hour of netball which almost killed me! lol. xxx

Morning Kels,
Yesterday looks great, well done! Two more full days before wi-if you continue like that you'll do great :D
Fast day for me, hmmmmmm not sure how that's going to go? XLx

Sent from my SM-T310 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I definitely think so. Now stay off those blummin scales until Saturday! :D Things can have changed a lot by then.

Day before yesterday I thought I was in for a 1lb loss come wi the next morning but I dropped 1.5lbs overnight.

Remember, it's still June. Let's look at things next week, see whether you think you're getting nowhere then.

Stay strong hun, I can feel you are wavering slightly ;) keep at it and you will get rewarded. Give in and you will end up feeling miserable and rubbish. You will get there Kirsty! xxxx

Ok. I will. I promise! :D Ok. I'm staying strong. Was good yesterday. Everyone in the house was eating cake and rocky road etc. I didn't touch it though. I'm hanging in there! xxx

Our bodies are strange things sometimes. Keep drinking the water. Have you tried green tea? I know a few who swear by it. But definitely the scales could change a lot come weigh day. Stay positive :)

Oh by the way a little bit of cake mixture was eaten purely to check it was ok ;)

Sent from my GT-I8190 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Ok. I will. Haven't tried green tea, don't really like any tea except regular. Just feel like I'm drinking soap lol.

Oh. That's ok then! Haha. I have to test it's ok! lol. xxx

Morning Kels,
Yesterday looks great, well done! Two more full days before wi-if you continue like that you'll do great :D
Fast day for me, hmmmmmm not sure how that's going to go? XLx

Morning Elle,

Thanks Elle, I'm hanging in there and hoping for a loss so we shall see! Only thing is, Jonathan wants to go out for tea tonight, not set in stone yet though. But I keep saying no to him bless him, and he's working all hours at the min so feel like I should probably go. I will wait and see if we defo go but I'm just going to be really healthy today, leave plenty of calories for tonight, and then maybe do a fast? Or a half fast type of thing with like 800 calories or something to try and off set it. What do you think? Good luck on your fast! What have you got planned? xxx

Morning Elle,

Thanks Elle, I'm hanging in there and hoping for a loss so we shall see! Only thing is, Jonathan wants to go out for tea tonight, not set in stone yet though. But I keep saying no to him bless him, and he's working all hours at the min so feel like I should probably go. I will wait and see if we defo go but I'm just going to be really healthy today, leave plenty of calories for tonight, and then maybe do a fast? Or a half fast type of thing with like 800 calories or something to try and off set it. What do you think? Good luck on your fast! What have you got planned? xxx[/QUOTE]

Hi hun x
I know it can be daunting; thinking of going for a meal when we work so hard calorie counting, following a plan etc, but we hv to remember that we're changing our whole lifestyle not just 'dieting' so I think you should definitely go out for supper, its important to spend that quality time together too x just go 4 a healthy/light option, I always hv a cheeky look on mfp as well to work out a 'round abouts' calorie/syn content. And as you say, maybe a mini fast tomorrow to help balance it, either way you should definitely go :eek:

Fast day going ok, no idea how I survived before egg whites?! :eek: do u use them hun? I get a litre bottle from a wholesalers (oh works next to it which is great), only half a calorie per gram, so I usually make things using 100g at a time so only 50 cals, love it!

We're meant to b off 4 my holiday weekend tomorrow but Freya came down with a high temperature again last night?! Started calpol asap, fine in herself today but still hot. Meant to leave 10am tomorrow with a 4hr drive ahead, will just hv 2c how she is :(

Have a great day hun xLx

Hi hun x
I know it can be daunting; thinking of going for a meal when we work so hard calorie counting, following a plan etc, but we hv to remember that we're changing our whole lifestyle not just 'dieting' so I think you should definitely go out for supper, its important to spend that quality time together too x just go 4 a healthy/light option, I always hv a cheeky look on mfp as well to work out a 'round abouts' calorie/syn content. And as you say, maybe a mini fast tomorrow to help balance it, either way you should definitely go :eek:

Fast day going ok, no idea how I survived before egg whites?! :eek: do u use them hun? I get a litre bottle from a wholesalers (oh works next to it which is great), only half a calorie per gram, so I usually make things using 100g at a time so only 50 cals, love it!

We're meant to b off 4 my holiday weekend tomorrow but Freya came down with a high temperature again last night?! Started calpol asap, fine in herself today but still hot. Meant to leave 10am tomorrow with a 4hr drive ahead, will just hv 2c how she is :(

Have a great day hun xLx

Aw thanks. That really helped. I'm going to go but try not to go crazy. Thinking maybe steak, with salad no dressing, no chips. And that shouldn't be too bad. Or something along those lines. It depends where we go as there is a burger night at one of our regular places (or used to be regulars until my diet popped along lol) But thinking I could take burger out of bun, or only eat half and give other half to Jonathan. Make him hoover up the unhealthy bits of my tea lol. Either way, going to be sensible as I'm trying soooo hard! Is it bad if I try to sneak my own extra light mayo in hahaha!

Oh good. And oh I know! I love egg whites! So low in cals!! I don't use them out of a carton, only normal eggs and then normally chuck the yolks away, I know!! So wasteful (hangs head in shame lol) I really need to try the carton ones, either that or make a lemon tart or custard etc with them but not exactly diet friendly hahaha. But I could give it to my family, then they can get fat while I get smaller lol. In a relatively good mood considering it's TOTM!! Don't know what's going on! And haven't been ridiculously craving chocolate which is good.

I know. I read on your diary, that sucks elle, got my fingers crossed for you and hope she feels better really soon! Maybe soak a flannel in cold water for her head and neck. Hopefully she'll be able to sleep it off. Lucozade and ginger biscuits too! Hope she's ok! xxx

Aw thanks. That really helped. I'm going to go but try not to go crazy. Thinking maybe steak, with salad no dressing, no chips. And that shouldn't be too bad. Or something along those lines. It depends where we go as there is a burger night at one of our regular places (or used to be regulars until my diet popped along lol) But thinking I could take burger out of bun, or only eat half and give other half to Jonathan. Make him hoover up the unhealthy bits of my tea lol. Either way, going to be sensible as I'm trying soooo hard! Is it bad if I try to sneak my own extra light mayo in hahaha!

Oh good. And oh I know! I love egg whites! So low in cals!! I don't use them out of a carton, only normal eggs and then normally chuck the yolks away, I know!! So wasteful (hangs head in shame lol) I really need to try the carton ones, either that or make a lemon tart or custard etc with them but not exactly diet friendly hahaha. But I could give it to my family, then they can get fat while I get smaller lol. In a relatively good mood considering it's TOTM!! Don't know what's going on! And haven't been ridiculously craving chocolate which is good.

I know. I read on your diary, that sucks elle, got my fingers crossed for you and hope she feels better really soon! Maybe soak a flannel in cold water for her head and neck. Hopefully she'll be able to sleep it off. Lucozade and ginger biscuits too! Hope she's ok! xxx

Oh I'm glad hun, a night out will do u good x great idea just having meat & some salad, order extra side of veg, that's what I usually do to make sure I feel full but without too many extra cals x

The cartons r great! Hard to get a hold of from a super market where I live so I was so chuffed when oh found them for me! :eek:

Fair play she's a really good patient, never moans & always does as I ask. I think we've caught it just in time, thermometer says temp is ok now but I'm still keeping up her fluids, she loves ice! And a full day or 2 on calpol. Thanks hun xLx

Sent from my ST23i using MiniMins.com mobile app

Oh I'm glad hun, a night out will do u good x great idea just having meat & some salad, order extra side of veg, that's what I usually do to make sure I feel full but without too many extra cals x

The cartons r great! Hard to get a hold of from a super market where I live so I was so chuffed when oh found them for me! :eek:

Fair play she's a really good patient, never moans & always does as I ask. I think we've caught it just in time, thermometer says temp is ok now but I'm still keeping up her fluids, she loves ice! And a full day or 2 on calpol. Thanks hun xLx

Sent from my ST23i using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks Elle, I've be driving too so no alcohol, might just ask for a big jug of water. Sounds good to me. We will see how I go!

Yeah, they sound good. Love an egg white omelette with some low fat mozarella and ham. yum yum.

Aw bless her. She sounds like a little angel. Sounds like she's feeling a bit better so hopefully she will be right as rain again soon. xxx

Hi Kirsty. Well done on a fab day yesterday!

I think it's a great idea to go out for a meal tonight, we all need to do that from time to time don't we? If you are really good tomorrow you may well offset any damage done anyway. You go and enjoy yourself.

I'm so glad to hear your spirits are good today hun :) xxx

Thanks Sammy, I'm really trying. Even though I felt so down yesterday I refused to give up or waver! I'd done extra cupcakes from the 2 cakes I had on so my family were all munching choc fudge cupcakes, vanilla cupcakes, rocky road, chocolate fingers and malteasers in front of my and I didn't even go anywhere near them! Woo hoo! And yeah, you're right. And going to aim for a really good, clean eating day tomorrow. I will not fail!

Thanks, I know. I actually feel a bit lighter today so hopefully some of my fat is melting away lol xxxx

Oh Kirsty ! It must be hard surrounded by those goodies all the time !! I've restarted my diary to keep me motivated !!

Hi i am subbing, I struggle when going to the shop as i have no will power so going to try and shop online for a bit to see if that helps, but you are around treats all the time, that is a big challenge x

Hi BinkyBonk. Welcome to the mad house lol. I know what you mean. And yeah, It's very hard which is probably why it's taking me so long to lose the weight lol! xxx

I've just had a thought, you could take mints with you tonight! :D:D:D xx

Thanks Sammy! Turns out I don't need to as we're not going. Can't say I'm disappointed to be honest, actually quite pleased as I can carry on with having a good week! :D Jonathan is too busy with work so we decided to just go another night as he probably won't get in from work till about 11 tonight :( So I've got about 700 calories to play around with for my tea. Hmmm. What to have. Thinking maybe a pitta pizza or something along those lines. Have you got a nice tea planned? xxxx

Thanks Sammy! Turns out I don't need to as we're not going. Can't say I'm disappointed to be honest, actually quite pleased as I can carry on with having a good week! :D Jonathan is too busy with work so we decided to just go another night as he probably won't get in from work till about 11 tonight :( So I've got about 700 calories to play around with for my tea. Hmmm. What to have. Thinking maybe a pitta pizza or something along those lines. Have you got a nice tea planned? xxxx

Oh what a shame, I thought my idea was a good one too :(

Heehee!

Well yes, it is good in that sense I suppose, you can stay on track and not have to worry about Saturday too much now.

Ooh yes, Pitta pizza sounds great. Are they just the small pittas you buy? I got some on Tuesday but I've not thought of using them that way. What exactly do you put on yours?

I'm just doing easy stuff for tea tonight from out of the freezer so nothing special but shall enjoy it just the same. I'm not a fussy eater whereas hubby likes homemade stuff lol! Am cooking a chilli this aft though to put in the freezer for Sunday night! xx

A bit at a time that is the main thing x

Mints are a good idea to curb those cravings =)

I miss pittas so much *cries* Lol x

I am GF so can't have any of that now, but it makes it easier to be good as i know i can't have most bread, pasta, cake, chocolate, crisps etc... but if i have a GF alternative the sugar they put into them is so much higher that the calories are ridiculous =(

I am cooking chicken breasts with broccoli, green beans, peas, roast potatoes and and gravy for dinner which should take me to my calorie limit =)

Oh what a shame, I thought my idea was a good one too :(

Heehee!

Well yes, it is good in that sense I suppose, you can stay on track and not have to worry about Saturday too much now.

Ooh yes, Pitta pizza sounds great. Are they just the small pittas you buy? I got some on Tuesday but I've not thought of using them that way. What exactly do you put on yours?

I'm just doing easy stuff for tea tonight from out of the freezer so nothing special but shall enjoy it just the same. I'm not a fussy eater whereas hubby likes homemade stuff lol! Am cooking a chilli this aft though to put in the freezer for Sunday night! xx

Morning Sammy,

Are you ok? I had a message left on the answerphone from the doctor asking me to ring up and make another appointment as my test results had come back so not looking too good and a bit worried :( Which led to me going over calories. I'm such an emotional eater god damn it lol.

I didn't end up having pittas, we had yummy prawn pasta instead. Yeah, I just use pittas or the new warburtons square wraps as there bigger, then a bit of tomato puree on the base, then mozarella, and then just whatever I fancy, chorizo, chicken, peppers that type of thing topped with oregano and popped in the oven for 10-12 mins at 180. They are really yummy!!

Sounds good to me! I'm not fussy either. Awkward hubby will get what he's given hehe xxxx

A bit at a time that is the main thing x

Mints are a good idea to curb those cravings =)

I miss pittas so much *cries* Lol x

I am GF so can't have any of that now, but it makes it easier to be good as i know i can't have most bread, pasta, cake, chocolate, crisps etc... but if i have a GF alternative the sugar they put into them is so much higher that the calories are ridiculous =(

I am cooking chicken breasts with broccoli, green beans, peas, roast potatoes and and gravy for dinner which should take me to my calorie limit =)

Aw bless you. That must be hard!! Yeah, I know what you mean. Maybe when I am baking I should try out some gluten free recipes and then if there any good I'll give you the recipe! :) xxxx

I used to love netball, not played it in years though. Probably not since I was in school. Great exercise. X

Sent from my GT-I8190 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Yeah, it definetely is. I was shattered hehe. It's really good actually. We usually do half an hour fitness at the start and then an hour or so of solid netball. It kills me but in a good way. And they have just signed me up to get offiliated to play proper matches so that should up the netball exercise to twice a week which would be good. :) xxx

Yesterday went well until about 9 last night and then I went over calories but rather than saying sod it, I stopped myself, added them all up and I only went over by a few so I'm glad I did because normally I would have just gone, never mind, it's a right off and eat everything in site.

So....

Thursday 26th June

Breakfast - 100g melon, low cal hot choc, cup of tea, 2 sweetners, 2 nectarines (140cals)
Dinner - Carrot and cucumber sticks, 4 crackerbreads, 2 extra light laughing cow, 1 apple, 1 banana (355cals)
Tea - Spicy prawn pasta, super yummy!!!! (487cals)
Snacks - low cal hot choc, 2 oreos, chocolate fudge frosting, 1 chocolate finger

Total - 1,422 calories.

So I went a little over but don't think I completely went overboard. So hoping I'm still on track to a loss but it just doesn't seem to be happening at the min :( xxxx

Back