Calorie Counting - only way for me??

Em8888

Hello everyone!

Well, I am back again. What can I say?! I was cc for almost a year before and I was doing so well - until I went on my hols and failed to get back to my cc ways. I have gained all the weight back and more.

For the last couple of weeks, I have been going to the gym and I have been eating when hungry and stopping when full. This has not helped at all for me personally as I have gained and it has occurred to me that this is not the way forward for me.

I have also tried the other diets but they are something that last about 2 weeks and then I get bored or find it so tedious.

So here I am again, joining you all and hoping I can make some buds on here in the meantime as well.

I'm on mfp and on 1400 calls per day. I try to go to the gym about 3 times a week - I have no idea about tdee and the like and thought 1400 is a good starting point but if you guys could give me any pointers on what you think it should be, I am all ears!

x

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/ I use this one to tell me how many calories... much happier now I'm not beong starved by myfitnesspal! X Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Ah thank you for that! As you may have guessed, I appear to be eating under with what myfitnesspal quoted, so if I go with what the link says, hopefully I will feel less deprived and more likely to stick with it!! X

Hi - I just starting TDEE but currreny binging :( Tomorrow's a new day!!!

I would definitely check out your BMR, the calories you need for your body to breath, organs to function etc... I think eating below BMR is a bit dodgy & found that mines 1380, so aim to eat at least 1400 a day, not too much of a struggle I must admit! TDEE deficit is usually only 10% of the actual calories you use - there are spreadsheets on google that work it out based on your weekly activity which I find easier.

Don't know if any of that makes sense!! Good luck :)

Back