CALORIES AND SW

BubblyLady4

Hi all, I am just curious. I am NOT doing a calorie counting diet; i am doing SW and i know the two dont mix.

I just wondered if anyone knew the science of how it worked when i look at what i'm eating and the calories can be rather high - i have just had rice, chicken and mayo for lunch and it was all SW friendly and i synned the chicken (wasn't a free one) and the light mayo and i think i had about 900 calories (i didn't know this prior to eating - i was quite horrified!!)

Just curious!!!

:) xXx

I think the 1/3 superfree on extra easy will naturally limit your portion sizes which could help limit the calories. Have seen people before saying they did calorie count and overall for the day their calories were quite low. I can't be bothered calorie counting - I just know that so far it's working. But definitely snacking on superfree first and filling 1/3 of my plate with superfree when I can is limiting me to way less calories than I was having before when I ate junk food constantly.

Hi all, I am just curious. I am NOT doing a calorie counting diet; i am doing SW and i know the two dont mix.

I just wondered if anyone knew the science of how it worked when i look at what i'm eating and the calories can be rather high - i have just had rice, chicken and mayo for lunch and it was all SW friendly and i synned the chicken (wasn't a free one) and the light mayo and i think i had about 900 calories (i didn't know this prior to eating - i was quite horrified!!)

Just curious!!!

:) xXx

900 calories is a lot for a meal. Are you sure it was that much? Are you maybe getting your dried and your cooked weights of rice mixed up? SW is just like every other diet, its about controlling calories. But the calorie control is done through following the rules of the plan, not counting individual things.

225g (1/2 lb) of cooked rice, 300 calories
225g (1/2lb) cooked chicken skin removed 260 calories
100g extra low mayo 70 calories.

Even if the chicken was synned it would only add maybe 50/100 calories, assuming it wasnt deep fried.

The above are fairly big portions of food. I find it hard to see how it could get to 900 calories.

Back