Calories... Hmmm?

BrianSecretAgent

Does it matter how many calories you take - as long as your carbs are kept low?

I'm not too sure, but I bet Jim will know. Personally I am watching my calories - not closely, but making sure I am not eating stupid ammounts of the wrong kind of food. Alcohol has been my achilles heel this week.. How many calories are you averaging a day?

I hadn't really been checking... I was just curious, probably becaus Atkins is counter intuitive? I guess I'm nervous becuase it doesn't feel like a diet. Today I have had exactly - a big kind of stir fry with broccoli/bacon/chicken/mushrooms/spring onion with some spicy cheese on top for a late brunch. + 1pint of water. then I had a half tin corn beef and a spring onion early afternoon. + smaller glass of water. Then just now - I have had a big 7 ounce steak? with lots of veg - broccoli/cougette/red pepper/ pak choi /little corn and onion - and a pint of water. And will have some s-free jelly mixed with a little double cream...
Am I way off?

Keep to the 20g carbs a day and the rest will follow, you will find that your food intake will level out i stayed on induction for 4 weeks no booze.

Stephen

I hadn't really been checking... I was just curious, probably becaus Atkins is counter intuitive? I guess I'm nervous becuase it doesn't feel like a diet. Today I have had exactly - a big kind of stir fry with broccoli/bacon/chicken/mushrooms/spring onion with some spicy cheese on top for a late brunch. + 1pint of water. then I had a half tin corn beef and a spring onion early afternoon. + smaller glass of water. Then just now - I have had a big 7 ounce steak? with lots of veg - broccoli/cougette/red pepper/ pak choi /little corn and onion - and a pint of water. And will have some s-free jelly mixed with a little double cream...
Am I way off?

sounds great Brian i feel guilty know eating cerial much prefer a cooked breakfast, the only draw back with diet or eating plan is you always cook no short cuts.

All good Brian, the beauty of this diet is that you don't count or worry about the calories - as the other said, just keep below 20 carbs and all with be good :)

Remember folks, 15g of daily net carbs must come from veggies so watch out for yummy onions - spring onions have fewer carbs x

Back