Calories!

Phoenyx

Step away from the cake..
I know this is a dirty word on Atkins, but those of you who track carbs on my fitness pal, do you find you consume roughly the same amount every day, or does it vary greatly?

I know I'm counting carbs, but I'm still getting a little tense over the whole cal thing! Especially as I can see it so clearly on mfp...

The Atkins book says you should stick to 1500 I read it last night.
I don't think it's supposed to matter but I'm like you I'd rather keep track of both. Mfp is great for keeping track of carbs isn't it! I didn't use it last time I tried Atkins.
V

Everyone's calories will depend on their stats (height/weight/activity) - there plenty of online apps that will recommend what is suitable and mfp does for you too

Having said that - not all calories are the same - so i can eat far more cals as long as my carbs are low and still lose weight. In fact mfp always wants to decrease my cal target and i always refuse - enjoy my food:)

The reason that i keep an eye on cals while on atkins is to understand my appetite! When i drink, eat too many carbs or a few trigger foods then i get very hungry and my cals tend to go up - either one off or a trend. Watching this means i can adjust as appro.

Back