Calories

LouMo

2x ready made shakes + 3x sf snacks + 600 calorie meal = 1345 calories is this correct? Thought it would have been less.

LouMo said:
2x ready made shakes + 3x sf snacks + 600 calorie meal = 1345 calories is this correct? Thought it would have been less.

Hi LouMo

Yes you've worked it out correctly... Your body needs a minimum of 1200 cals a day. If you work out your BMR you may find that you should in actual fact be eating more than 1345 calories so you may find you need to have a little more after a few weeks if your body goes into starvation mode as your weight may plateau

I know it sounds a lot but I worked out how many cals I was eating on slimming word inc my 80 syns a week and it worked out far more than it will be having on slimfast and I still lost just short of 3 stone in 26 weeks

My BMR is 1425 so that is the minimum I net every day. I can burn anything up to 500 calories za day with exercise too (I run a lot) and make sure eat at least 2/3 of them back - I have a HRM so I know the calorie count is pretty accurate. As long a I don't net under my BMR I still lose weight. I was following the 1360 calorie (230 shake + 230 shake + 300 snacks +600 main meal) allowance recommended by Slim Fast, but I found I soon plateaued on that few so I started on the Eat More to Weight Less programme instead.

Most importantly, I am doing it slowly this time so as to minimise the chances of packing it all back on again as I have done so very many times in the past by losing it too quickly and not changing my lifestyle!

Hi
My BMR calculated as 1618 - does that mean I should be eating

Sorry darn phone sent before I'd finished

My BMR came up as 1618 - does that mean that's what I should be eating? I have lost the past two week following the SF way but have notices this week it seems slower.

Should I really have that many? I'm scared incase I don't lose weight!!

Back