cambridge bars

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by naomi1611, 21 February 2007 Social URL.

1. naomi1611

naomi1611 Will B Slim

Start Weight:
    18st8lb
    Current Weight:
    17st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(3.85%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Hi
    Did any of you find that the bars took you out of ketosis or made weight loss slow down? As i only lost 2lb last week and im now wondering if it had anything to do with the bars.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Petal01

Petal01 Still Climbing That Hill!

Current Weight:
    16st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    WW
    Hi I have used the bars from the first day and i lost 10lbs first week and 5lbs second week, they dont take me out of ketosis, but i know that some people find their losses slow whan taking them i guess it's all about trial and error. Hope that helps.

4. Karen

Karen Serial Foodie!

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Current Weight:
    18st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(6.96%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    i think it really depends on the person to be honest. how sensitive u r to ketosis etc.

the bars do have more carbs so can slow things down moreso than just having the shakes BUT i think the "slowing" is very minimal.

why not try a week having less bars and a week having none. that wouldnt really prove anything as weight loss week to week varies anyways but it might give u a better guide.

i rarely use bars as i dont find them very filling although they r lovely. i tend to save them til i really need to chew something BUT i think if u can manage to make the porridge (very filling) and use the mix a mousse etc...u will have shakes to chew and wont need to rely on the bars so much.

umm...dunno if that helps? lol

5. canireallydothis!!

canireallydothis!! Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge!
    week 3 is notorious for bad losses, and it drops off the week after, I dont think it will be the bars, just our bodies doing funny things!

6. naomi1611

naomi1611 Will B Slim

Start Weight:
    18st8lb
    Current Weight:
    17st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(3.85%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Thanks everyone
    Well i only have 3 bars in a week so i have 1 left for Friday. I was thinking i would wait and see what my loss is on Monday and then i will decide if i am going to stop having them. I personally find them quite filling so i dont really want to have to give them up but if i need to so it shall be.:cry:

7. dirtyplum

dirtyplum Member

The bars slowed me right down, I only lost 1llb in Week 5, think I had a total of 5 bars that week. I have now decided to go without the bars from now on, might have one occasionally but really don't think they are worth the constipation/slow loss.
    Although I think I am quite sensitive to ketosis so agree that it will be trial and error.

8. AnnieAnnie

AnnieAnnie Gold Member

How strange, I had 2 per day for the last week & had a great loss. They also are the opposite of constipating for me! I do only have the crunchy ones as the chewy ones are higher carb.

9. Daisy65

Daisy65 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st8lb
    Lost(%):
    5st4lb(30.83%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I haven't had a problem eating the bars but only have the crunchy ones - same carbs as shakes.

10. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Could have been nothing more than coincidence. Almost everyone on a VLCD gets a week now and again when they lose nothing or 1lb. Realistically theres no reason why theyd impact weight loss. its all down to calorie deficit and the bars are on a par with the shakes etc.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.