Cambridge diet and Anti D's

amandajane52

Typo Queen
Hi everyone :wave_cry: .

I am hoping to start the CD soon but need to get my medical check done.

I am worried that I won't be able to do the diet because I take fluoxetine.

Does anyone know is it is OK to do the diet while taking these??

Hey AJ. Not sure about your medication. It isn't on the list that we have, would have to check with the med team about that one. Alternatively another CDC might have asked already on here and know the answer for you!

Good luck!

xx

I have several ladies on the same medication and with Doctors signature was told by CD medical that they could do any of the programmes hth

julesrush

Not too sure myself, but i'd say contact your local CDC and ask them. If they are not sure they could always find out from head office for you and get things rolling from there.

Good Luck

Hi, it's just the GENERIC name for Prozac & it's ok, my Dr signed my form NO PROBS!! Good luck, you might find you feel so good on CD that you can reduce or stop your meds, I did! Even if you need to take them for some time there shouldn't be any problems going on cd. GOOD LUCK!!!!!xxxxxx
xxxxsharon

Some people lose weight on Prozac/Fluoxetine. There used to be a combination of drugs which were used to help people lose weight. It consisted of Prozac and an appetite suppressant, I think it was Adifax. Later on they discovered that the appetite supppresant could cause cardiac problems so the "Prozac diet" didn't catch on.

Alex.

I'm on the same, no problems at all.

In fact as the weight has gone, the confidence has soared and the depression has lifted. Now it's summer I'm just starting to reduce my dose (under doctor's supervision of course).

Hopefully the same will happen for you.

Hi AJ
It is best to take any anti-depressant for at least 4 months before weaning off slowly, under drs supervision. I say this from personal exp and as a mental health professional too!
But antidepressants aren't addictive anyway - depression is usually caused by difficult life events (of which being overweight can be one, or a symptom thereof). I wish you luck on the diet and when you feel ready and stable, pick YOUR time to come off them and get your drs advice - reducing slowly is less likely to bring about a relapse!
Best of luck with both endeavours!

Back