Cambridge Diet...Can I do it this time????

Jo Agyeman

Hi everyone, Im new to this site so hopefully this goes out ok.
I did teh cambridge diet a few years back and lost a stone doing SS but then it all went wrong and i gave up and put it back on again.
I am much more motivated to complete it this time and see it through to the end with the maintenance programme etc.

I started on Saturday (12th Feb 2011) and am feeling ok so far. Cooked a lovely roast dinner yesterday for my husband whilst I ate my porridge :-(

Any Tips to keep motivated and not cheat!!! I have rubbish will power but really want to lose this weight now.

I want to be 10 stone at the most so have a long way to go!

wow...lookign at my ticker...73 pounds to go...seems a life time away!

had an early start at work today and going straight to a gig after work so wont be home untill late....dreading teh fact I may be hugely hungry later and might collapse on stage!

Any tips to make me feel full for longer. Water just doesnt do it for me. Maybe peppermint tea? dont like normal tea or coffee ;-(

Jo Agyeman said:
had an early start at work today and going straight to a gig after work so wont be home untill late....dreading teh fact I may be hugely hungry later and might collapse on stage!

Any tips to make me feel full for longer. Water just doesnt do it for me. Maybe peppermint tea? dont like normal tea or coffee ;-(

Hello u!!!! Good luck starting today hope u have fab day!! As for feeling full I don't know I just drink drink drink "drink to shrink" that is what I hear :D anyway u might fond first few days ya gonna feel tad hungry or belly will think throats been cut but when ya in ketosis you will be fine I think it's just mind over matter
Take care and keep us informed
Sharon xxxxx

Thanks Sharon, How do I knwo when Im in Ketosis? I heard it makes your urine smelly???? lol

Hiya hun :D Are you a singer?

Peppermint tea definately fills a whole and is very good for your tummy too! Im not sure if i ever feel FULL though if you know what i mean but hunger does subside after the first week so just push through, keeping your first weigh in in mind and next week will be so much easier i promise! xx

Jo Agyeman said:
Thanks Sharon, How do I knwo when Im in Ketosis? I heard it makes your urine smelly???? lol

Your welcome hunny if i can help i will trt :D as for knowing Well I do know u can get dipstick to test wee wee I never did but as "hunger" has gone I just know I am in ketosis and also if ya SSing 100% by day 5 at the latest u will be there!!! I think alot of the time u think ur hungry u are reAlly thirsty that is why water is soooooooo important on this plan also I have tea as well just not fruit teas!!
Xxxx

OMG I think the carpet from my desk to the toilet is going to wear out at this rate!!

Lets wee away the flab!

Jo Agyeman said:
OMG I think the carpet from my desk to the toilet is going to wear out at this rate!!

Lets wee away the flab!

Yup that is what happens at the beginning then ya body gets used to it and trust me it does lol :D xxxx

ok so im on day 4 now. Had a gig last night in a restaurant for Valentines and was tempted by Champagne and strawberrys dipped in Chocolate! Pure Hell but i managed the temptation and drank a chocolate shake instead....not quite the same :-(
Im feeling abit hungry this morning so need to keep busy! Unfortunately during the day I sit at a desk all day so I find myself day dreaming about what I could have for lunch! not good.

Trying to delay having my breakfast for as long as possible....think I can go another 45 mins before I might kill someone ;-)

3 more days and then my first weigh in...cant wait to see what has been happening xxx

Someone has just bought me a Malteser chocolate Bunny!!!!! I took it dont want to be rude.....it is now on my desk staring at me!!!

away in the drawer, will give it to hubby when I get home

Day 5...and last night i felt very tired and weak, not particulaly hungry. Just had no energy so laid on the sofa all night watching telly...roll on Saturday for my first weigh in!

Hope everyone is doing ok out there

Day 7!!! Thsi has officially been the longest week of my life!!!!

First weigh in tomorrow morning......

Jo Agyeman said:
Day 7!!! Thsi has officially been the longest week of my life!!!!

First weigh in tomorrow morning......

Well done Jo u got through it good luck tomorrow can wait to see how u done xxxx

Thanks hun, How are you getting on? You had your next weigh in yet?

lost 11 lbs in my first week, chuffed!

can someone tell me how to update my ticker??

Jo Agyeman said:
lost 11 lbs in my first week, chuffed!

can someone tell me how to update my ticker??

Omg that is amazing well done u by Jove think I think we cracked it :D xxxx

Back