Cambridge Diet Diary - started 01/11/13

Thank you!

I'm really short - 5'3 - well, a smidge less than that, really! I think if I had just two or three extra inches I'd 'carry' my weight a bit better!

Good luck for tomorrow! Are you excited?? It seems a LONG time until Friday and my weigh-in!

Ahh yeah, see I'm a size 12-14! If I lose half a stone I will be firmly in the 12 bracket. Being tall is good sometimes :)

Friday will be round before you know it :) I'm nervous and excited! I really wanted to lose upwards of 10lbs so I can be back in the 12s on my second weigh in so we'll see what happens!

Gosh, I can only dream of losing 10lbs - do you mean in a week? I lost 4lbs in my first week. It's hard, as the first time I did this diet (admittedly 11 years ago and when I was 21!) the weight just melted away in the first month. I lost 15lbs in the first week and 7lbs in the second so over a stone and a half.

It's much slower this time - age and constipation have both played a part I suspect! - but I'm trying not to get too despondent about it. After all, 4lbs a week is still over a stone a month and even a loss of just 3lbs every week will get me to target by end of February. I just really, really wanted a BIG loss in week one - I couldn't help but feel a tiny bit short-changed with 4lbs!

Yeah this week! I'm 23 so I'm hoping it will be easy for me to lose 35lbs before Christmas :-/ but we'll see! My metabolism is a bit slow I think so who knows, I'll find out tomorrow :)

I bet constipation has had a huge part to play - have you started taking a fibre supplement?

4lbs is still more than you would lose on a normal diet, just persevere and keep drinking loads! :) xx

Day 11 almost done!

Gosh, last night was awful, though. Insomnia has hit me, it did before. Couldn't drop off at all. I tossed and turned for hours. I'm taking a sleeping tablet for tonight and I hate doing that as I feel all woozy and weird the next day as well but needs must.

Glad the weekend's over really - all set for Friday and weigh day!

Day 12! Still 100% :)

I took a sleeping tablet last night and was out like a light - that was easy!

Had a choc tetra about an hour ago and am going to have a vanilla shake in a bit. Then mushroom soup, then bed!

Teens tomorrow :) can't wait to be a teenager :D

Day 13 almost done :) Had a choc mint shake and a lemon bar which I actually like.

Confident I won't cheat :)

Can't believe I've almost done a fortnight :D :D :D

Day 14 and haven't had any shakes yet! So 100% - haven't eaten! Mad day (sixth form open evening; I am a teacher - just got in! Going to have a choc tetra now.)

So proud of myself - 2 whole weeks 100%.

I'd go as far as to say it's quite easy now.

Day 15 and 6lbs down. :)

Bit shaken though: had a car accident on the way to work :( I am fine, but my car isn't. I'm angry with myself as it's money right before Christmas I want to spend on lovely presents but have to keep reminding myself the important thing is I'm ok.

Must not turn to food! :)

Thank you! Yesterday - no problem.

Today I am fed up, I knew I would be, it's the weekend! Just been such a LONG day! I'm still 100%, don't worry - vanilla shake and lemon bar, and going to have a porridge soon. But I went out for a "meal" (only of course I didn't) and managed just fine, then popped into the garage and was sooo tempted by salt n vinegar Pringles. I'm craving them! But I won't break, it would be stupid now, but I won't lie, I'm not happy! And I'm DREADING tomorrow!!

Day 17.

I'm feeling a bit weak and shaky to be honest. Still 100%, still won't break - but I wish I could.

Longing for weekend to be over!

Aww glad you managed to stay 100% - I didn't :( but have made the decision to stay 100% over my husband's surprise birthday weekend the weekend after next, which was not originally my plan.

How much are you down now? X

10lbs in total :)

Well day 19 - need to remind myself I am doing this diet for a reason! I am just a bit fed up I think. Going to have a chocolate tetra soon. I really want Celebrations chocolate! :D

hello there!
well done for sticking it out! its such a hard diet to stick to but with such great results.
This is my 5th day on SS and feeling a little emotional today. Im not hungry but i really just want some food!
Have lost 7 pounds in 5 days so the pounds coming of is keeping me going!

:)

It is so hard at times, but I always try to focus on today, tomorrow can take care of it's self, as long as I always do ok today then I'm happy :)

Brill keep it going :) Starting on Fri myself!

Back