Cambridge Diet in luggage when flying!!!!!

Lesley cw

please can anyone tell me whether i will be allowed to have my cambridge sachets in my suitcase when flying,,and my blender..hope so..x

Oh glad you've asked this i want to know if my tertras can go into my luggage (not hand lugage obviously) im planning on taking powders and tretras for my upcoming hol

Flying Virgin...dunno if certain airlines have diff rules ???

you can take the sachets etc in ur hold luggage but not hand luggage!
Blender I guess would be ok in your hold luggage but maybe you should check with your airline? WHy not buy a shaker instead? I hardly ever use a blender as find the shakers very good!

no so long as you shake well! You can buy them in Boots, but guess your CDC will sell them too! They have a little sieve thing at the top which catches any stray lumps should there be any.

I used to use the shakers and didnt get lumps :) just prefer the hand blender as i add ice sometimes crushes it up lovely

I don't see why a hand blender would be different from taking a hairdryer or similar in your hold luggage. Tetras are too big for hand luggage (eg over 100ml) and I don't think you can take food through, can you, so no bars in hand luggage either (or can you? best check). I recall an LL friend staying SS on holiday, so she must have taken packs etc in her suitcase.

If you check on baa.com (or co.uk) it gives you the latest restrictions on hold/hand baggage, should be able to answer your question with authority!

You can't take tetras, mentions it in one of the Cambridge books I think, because of the risk of them exploding in your case.
Shame, as that's all I have :( Hoping I will be at goal by 19th September though!

I know :( Am not sure what to do because even though I'll hopefully be at goal, I'd still like to have a shake a day because I love them and they're great for breakfast on the run, especially if I eat more at lunch/dinner on hols.

Wondering if anyone here is in US and would post them to my hotel lol.

Hmmmm what to do lol

Im taking my shaker out for my sachets but was relying on the tetras for the parks etc through the day :confused:

Pondering now :confused::rolleyes::confused:

Parks? Where are you going?

You can't take tetras, mentions it in one of the Cambridge books I think, because of the risk of them exploding in your case.
Shame, as that's all I have :( Hoping I will be at goal by 19th September though!

I took tetras, sachets and bars on holiday a couple of weeks ago and didn't have any problems with them at all. I took my hand blender too - along with hair dryer, straighteners etc.

Didn't think to ask tbh! I did wrap the tetras in an extra plastic bag to be safe though. It was a short flight...

Florida, doing the Disney World thing :D...re..my ticker lol

Me too! :D I did wonder when you said parks.
That's why I wanted to take them too. If I am at goal then I don't want to overdo it on every meal, so thought I'd try to have tetras.

Hi, You are allowed to take sachets and bars in your hand luggage, although if you are checking in a suitcase you may as well pack what you don't need on your flight in there. I'm going to Sweden in 2 weeks time and am not checking any cases so will bring sachets and bars in my hand luggage. I've contacted the airline and it's OK.:character00255:

You have to check against the country you are going to, as different countries have different rules about food... and whatever we may think the sachets are food. Tetras are out as they may explode, or something along those lines. There is an article in the CD magazine I got from my CDC last week that outlines all the issues with taking CD abroad.

Ive flown twice now with CD packs tetras and a blender all in suitcase hold baggage, and it was fine, I opened out the tetras, un peeled the corners and wrapped them in a towel. They didnt explode thank goodness.

Shakes and soups can be taken in hand luggage should you want, but Id get them in your case.

Tetras can be prone to popping with pressure, so if you can do without then its probably better, but as I say mine didnt explode :D

Back