cambridge diet shakes ...

no i didnt try all of them i met my cdc on friday and started the diet on saturday and i only bought the chocolate flavor cause i didnt think ill like any other. But the mint one seems to be ok but only bought 3 of them and one chili and the rest are chocolate. I think ill have to go back swap them from other flavours. Am feeling quite positive at the moment :). Still have mild migranins but been told they last long.

My hubby finds soups are best for work as all you need is hot water & a spoon to mix them. Much easier than trying to blend the shakes.

Alternatively as everyone else says, tetras and wonderful yummy choc bars...

Do you live near T5? Which CDC are you with? I'm in Staines & see Val in Langley

you dont need a hand blender for the soups, you can just make them like a cupasoup :)

Also if you got any tetras they are pre made so no blending.

I think your CDC was wrong you cant do 2 shakes and 1 meal, you need to have 3 packs if you are only having 1 meal. You can do 2 packs on the 1000 program this involves 3 small meals.

Only 2 packs and one meal you are risking putting yourself into starvation mode and slowing down your losses, the 3 packs a day gives you your full nutritional daily requirements and are what keep your body from holding on to fat stores.

Well I have bought one of them plastic beaker things.. Which helps to reduce the lumps but its not at all that great? I’m thinking of maybe trying to use a coffee whisk which is used to create fluff on hot chocolates ect... but its not powerful enough to get rid of the lumps.

i have a protien shaker thing. ur cdc should have the cd ones ( they have a grid in the top to break up lumps ) i got mine from holland and barretts and asda. but dont be limp wristed about it, it needs a good hard shake for about 60 seconds

hey MiniMe*Escaping ,
ive added ice in the blender and still i feel sick just dont like the taste mainly the texture, im not much of a shake person, this is the only thing im finding difficult .. yes i feel hungry but its expected dont think ill be able to drink these shakes for another day .. am already worried about tomorrow's 3 shakes. im wondering if ill be able to eat 415 kcal a day instead of the shakes :sigh:

Well all i got the first week was chocolate briks, and by 3rd day i couldnt drink no more of them, so i came off the diet, then i did the rest of the week and the next on a low fat no carb diet, and this week i am doing the SS+ so i am the last one to ask LOL!

I am now on day 6 almost day7 as i am off to bed...

And it gets easier, i am so tired i can hardly type, night night xxx

Jit - Maybe you could try pre-freezing the shakes. I make mine into slushies. I'm about to face a similar issue - tomorrow, work is an hour away, and I don't have ice there, even if I lug my blender. My solution? I'm going to make one right before bed tonight and freeze it. Then, when I get to work, put it in the freezer. Then, you aren't carrying a liquid into work - it's a block of ice.

Hey peach I am totally of the shakes and prefer the soups. So I took 2 to work .where easy to mix, convenient and taste good to.

Which soups do you like? I've been excited about the idea of tomato soup, but I haven't heard anyone say they like it, so am considering vegetable and chicken instead?

Jit - Maybe you could try pre-freezing the shakes. I make mine into slushies. I'm about to face a similar issue - tomorrow, work is an hour away, and I don't have ice there, even if I lug my blender. My solution? I'm going to make one right before bed tonight and freeze it. Then, when I get to work, put it in the freezer. Then, you aren't carrying a liquid into work - it's a block of ice.
Just out of interest, and I know it may be different in the states, but I am sure once you make the powdered shakes up you have to consume them within 15 minutes otherwise they lose their nutritional value. So by making it, freezing it and then defrosting it a bit, will it have any nutrition in it? Am interested to know x

Nothing I've heard of says this! :-o I have yet only had 1 "pre-frosted" shake. Most of mine are slushies that I drink immediately. Could think of no other way to get it to work for this job though. :-\ I will have to look into that. I sure hope not, or I will have struggles on TRF evenings, drinking 2 shakes before bed!

Peach - i like the Chicken and Mushroom and Oriental Chilli. I really wanted to try the vegetable ones but my CDC was out of these but can wait to try it. The soups are far better than the shakes , you feel as if you are really eating food again. So give them a go also u can take them into work and dont have to worry about ice or blending .

Awesome - thanks jit! :D I keep hearing mad good things about the oriental chili. Is that very spicy? What's it taste of? And is the chicken exactly liek the chicken broth, ro does ti taste chemical?

yeah my faves r choc mint and chick n mush, theyre the only ones ive been having for my past 6 weeks on cd, oh and choc tetras. Ive just drank my first ever butterscotch, not TOO bad, but think will be sticking to choc mint + choc tetras. x x x

Chicken taste exactly like chicken.. the oriental chili is the same to but it has bits init and its not chili at all I’m the sort of Person who can eat chili but this one is nice, i also got one sachet of the potato and leak soup so am looking forward to that tomorrow and will let you know how that taste . All the soups I’ve had are yummy.

Yay, so we know the chicken is a go. :)

Anyone tell me on the tomato? Is it really as bad as everyone says, even with herbs? It's my fav - was rather looking forward to it.

Peach- I don’t really like tomato but the only way your going to find out is by trying it for yourself every one has different tastes and preferences so give the soups a go. I’m sure you will have you favorite ones.

Back