cambridge diet shakes ...

I love fresh tomato soup and also Heinz canned tomato soup so was really looking forward to Cambridge spicy tomato but I absolutely hate it. Told my hubby it was yuk when he started, but he insisted on having some and its his favourite flavour.

i don't think anyone can advise you on how you'll react to the tomato - everyone I know seems to be one extreme or the other.

Haha. At that extreme, I don't know if it's worth the gamble for the price on a university student's budget. I will stick to veggie and tomato. =)

soups and tetras

i have a phobia of soup because i used to be fed soup everytime i was ill as a child and now when i eat soup, i think of being ill :confused:

none of the soup flavours appealed to me much but i am thinking of giving them a go. do they have lumps in? like chicken and mushroom-does it have lumps of mushroom? and also does it taste of mushroom because i hate mushroom but i like chicken :cry:i'm so fussy!

brocolli and cheese sounded nice but does anyone know if it is actually nice or not? i normally have a sweet tooth but after three days on nothing but sickly shakes i am craving savoury!!

also, is the oriental chilli spicy? i detest spicy food but everyone says this flavour is nice? and while i'm here, are the tetras nice? im going to get some for next week as i can take them with me when i go out. sorry for all the questions people!!!! :wave_cry:

tomato is my fave :) chilli isnt really chilli its more like a thai curry sauce, sort of coconutty its really yummy. chix and mushroom tastes more of chicken... its nice it has tiny bits in but nothing big and offputting. broccoli and cheese isnt a fave of mine as its very blue cheesy rathr than cheddar but if you like blue cheese then its nice :)

tetras are good, banana tastes a bit soya-ey but if you freeze it its really good choc is good both cold out of fridge and frozen.
hope this helps Gem
xxxx

You guys seem to have a lot more to choose from. We only have 4 soup choices: Chicken, Potato, MUshroom, Tomato. CD USA. I ordered chicken and tomato (warily on the tomato). I wish for vegetable and that oriental chili sounds delicious! I wonder if I could pay for food and shipping and have one of you send it to me?

I dont like the shakes that is why I have the briks..much nicer and last night I had my first frozen one and it was heaven to eat ice-cream :)

Chele; I've been mixing my shakes with extracts. They make excellent slushes (esp. vanilla mixed with orange extract..mmm...) and pretty good ice cream, too. It might be worth a shot if you have shakes lying around and don't want to waste the money on. I am totally with you, though - I threw them up before I learned about extracts and slushies. I couldn't even get 1 full shake down a day.

the first 2 weeks were horrible for me, coz I took all the wrong possible flavours:) i couldn't stand the strawberry/banana shakes! what I do now is I mix my shakes with coffee. I make really strong coffee, and pour a shake into it. I think it tastes best with vanilla. Also, try mixing the shakes with mix-a-mousse. good luck.

Back