Cambridge diet to Weight Watchers advice!

sandyblack

Hello,

I have never done WW ever and im desperate to start this as I need to resolve my issues with food and finally eat a healthy balanced diet long term.

Im doing the cambridge diet at the min and since mid Jan ive lost just over three stone. I still need to lose a stone and a half but I dont want to do this on meal replacement anymore - its not helping me face food!

I want to transfer over to WW and dont mind that the losses will be much lower, I just want to be healthy. Has anyone done this? I would really love some advice!

I got all the pro points books but I think going from a 530 cals a day VLCD to 29 points a day may be far too much for my body to deal with? I want to do this sensibly but I am aware that 29 pro points should be the minimum?

Sorry for the long rambling on - I dont ever want to do a VLCD again and want a solution that fits in with every day life. I hope to start WW at the end of this month fingers crossed :eek:)

Any comments appreciated!:D:D:D

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Current weight: 12 st 5lb
Height: 5ft 5in Age: 33
Goal Weight: 11st

are you definitely on 29pp?

Get a ww calculator, you'll be able to find out week to week what you're on. I would just go with your points... maybe keep off the weeklies til next week. I'd rather go back to complete normal, gain a pound, then be on track properly...graduating your points up & trying to maintain for weeks in fear of a gain seems dragged out a lot. (if thats what you were thinking of doing)

Thanks for the advice! I was told that I should be on 29 pro points as that is the minimum you can have and was calculated for my weight and height?
12 st 7
5ft 5
age 33?

If anyone thinks thats wrong and it should be less let me know? It seems like a lot to me? But im maybe thinking of the old ww system.xxxx

Yeah it's all changed Sandy. You will be on 29 points but the points values of most things have gone up. Good luck with it xx

sandyblack said:
Hello,

I have never done WW ever and im desperate to start this as I need to resolve my issues with food and finally eat a healthy balanced diet long term.

Im doing the cambridge diet at the min and since mid Jan ive lost just over three stone. I still need to lose a stone and a half but I dont want to do this on meal replacement anymore - its not helping me face food!

I want to transfer over to WW and dont mind that the losses will be much lower, I just want to be healthy. Has anyone done this? I would really love some advice!

I got all the pro points books but I think going from a 530 cals a day VLCD to 29 points a day may be far too much for my body to deal with? I want to do this sensibly but I am aware that 29 pro points should be the minimum?

Sorry for the long rambling on - I dont ever want to do a VLCD again and want a solution that fits in with every day life. I hope to start WW at the end of this month fingers crossed :eek:)

Any comments appreciated!:D:D:D

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Current weight: 12 st 5lb
Height: 5ft 5in Age: 33
Goal Weight: 11st

Hi, I joined ww about 8 weeks ago after a couple of months on CD. I lost just under 2 stone on CD making me 12st 8. I took a couple of weeks off and tried to eat healthy on my own - I was 12st 10 on joining ww so not too bad...and I gain weight fast normally!! Anyway, so far I have lost 8lb on ww so you can do it!! You may need to accept the fact that week one and two you may even gain weight but it will steady out. Speak with the ww leader to explain your situation! And good luck xxx

Thanks so much - your doing so well and that has really made me feel better about coming off CD. You feel like when your on a VLCD your trapped to the food packs and it really messes with your head.

I got all the books to start WW - would you recommend I do it though a weekly meeting or could I go it alone do you think?

Well done on the loss thats brilliant!! On CD over the past month ive only lost about 5lb - ive hit a brick wall and the deprivation is not worth it at all...

Thanks for everyones comments - 29 points it is!!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I go to a weekly mtg to weigh, I don't bother staying though. I find I cheat all the time if I do it alone!! Good luck!! Best thing I ever did, CD is fab as a kick start but I am sooooo much happier now I can actually eat. x

I started ww mid Jan & I have also lost just over 3 stones eating normal food & having alcohol at times. I don't use ready meals, i cook everything myself. You will be fine on ww & will be able to eat normal food!!!

ahh so you were told by a ww leader...ahh wasn't sure :p

I recommend going to class, its worth going until you at least feel settled on the plan, means you can fire plenty o questions at your leader. And there are lots of encouraging ideas and tips from other members too! I couldn't do without the class at all to be truthful!! If you're from the mainland UK you should be able to get a monthly pass which also gives you access to all of the online shizzle too :p

Its not an easy transition, but its certainly doable. Just don't get too downhearted if the losses aren't quite the same xx

i have come off CD and joining ww tonight.

i have come off CD and joining ww tonight.

let me know how you do! I went to see my CD counsellor tonight and darent tell her that I plan to move over to weight watchers! I dont think shes pressuring me but I feel like its expected that I will keep on CD and go right down to 10st 10lb. I want to introduce food way before this and feel like she may not approve...stupid I know. Its my decision.

Do you want to still lose on ww or are you using it to maintain?

Good luck!!!
xxx

I would advise staying at the meetings if you can. You meet some really nice people & get some hints and tips too. The classes always really motivate me.

Same here Sandyblack...I dreaded telling my CD councillor I was leaving for ww so I actually just made up a massive lie that I'd just found out I was pregnant - how extreme!! She advised me to stop immediately...job done! I just hope I don't bump into her anytime soon ha x

Last edited:
I went tonight . Many people and here don't Agree with
Me moving back to eating so early but I have to do what's right for
Me ... I still want to loose another stone . Keep you all posted . Xxx

You are doing the right thing, you'll be so much happier now and you will continue to lose weight!!! Eating is a massive part of my day - I feel miserable on CD, and it's also so unsociable! X

Yeah!! I've been back doing CD for over a week now. First time I did it the whole food thing didn't really annoy me BUT this time Its really different :-( One day I'm fine, the next day I'm just a misery guts (like today) I miss the whole joy of eating and drinking, even though I'm not actually hungry. CD is great but it can really mess with your head at times!

I want to go back to WW soon but what puts me off is the fact that in order to be a Gold member you have to have BMI of 25ish and I will never be that and I don't want to either. At 11.5 stone I'm a size 12 but BMI 28 and at 43 nearly i don't want to be slimmer than that coz I just start to look haggard!! Don't know what to do!!! Wish WW was like SW where u can choose your own target. SW doesn't really work very well for me :-(

Same jaxied - I loved CD first time and managed to stick to it 100%!! after that it's very hard!!!

Bmi 28 - is that because of your height?? A size 12 is small...I'd be very happy with that. Surely ww should take everyone as a different case, my bmi is probably 26(ish) but I'm 5ft 8 and 12st 2....and a size 14/16. My build is med/large...depends on your frame doesn't it!? You are obviously doing something right so don't be too hard on yourself hun xx

JonesyBird said:
Same jaxied - I loved CD first time and managed to stick to it 100%!! after that it's very hard!!!

Bmi 28 - is that because of your height?? A size 12 is small...I'd be very happy with that. Surely ww should take everyone as a different case, my bmi is probably 26(ish) but I'm 5ft 8 and 12st 2....and a size 14/16. My build is med/large...depends on your frame doesn't it!? You are obviously doing something right so don't be too hard on yourself hun xx

I'm 5' 4" and at 11.5 stone last time I was size 12 bottoms and 14 top and I looked really slim. I think it must be to do with your build? Don't know what club to go but really need the discipline of one of them or I'll just regain the weight again :-( Both SW and WW have their advantages and disadvantages....

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I totally agree - diets like this are much easier first time around. I did lighterlife in 2009 and lost four stone and did not break from abstinence once for four months. 2010 was a total disaster and put all of it back on!! I was very naive and out of control with it all.

I started cambridge this year very clear that this diet was not going to be the 'answer' for me but a tool to get the weight off quickly. My time on CD has been messy to say the least and I have eaten at times - but I just wanted to get through it as best I could knowing that my main aim was to rid myself of meal replacement diets and introduce a long term healthy eating plan so I didnt always feel massively deprived/anti social.:mad:

Its been a hell of a journey since Jan but WW is getting closer and that makes me feel like I can be 'normal' again. Im 12st 1 now and want to finish CD when I reach 11st. Fingers crossed I can do that by my birthday in June!!xxxxxx:D:D:D

Back