Cambridge Diet Week 1 SS gutted with results

TriciaM

I had my first weigh in today and I am gutted to have only lost 3lb after a week of SS :sigh:

has anyone else had such rubbish results on the CD?

You might still be retaining water, have you been drinking the 4 pints per day coz that really does make a difference. People lose weight different, a loss is still a loss and a step towards a healthier you. You might find you have an enormous loss next week or sometimes if you've been cutting down on carbs etc prior to starting CD that again could be the cause. Try not to lose hope the diet does work xx

Thanks for that
The CDC was at a loss as to why I'd lost so little
After reading all the posts on here my little heart was set at losing 10lb

Oh and yes I may have been a little over zealous with the water!

I think we all like to think we can lost double figures in the first weeks but some people just dont, its very disheartening. Have you tried other diets before, if so were ur weightlosses similar? Since ive been over 25 this and Xenical have been the only diets for me that seem to shift the weight

I'd done CD previously about 3 yrs ago and the weight dropped so I just assumed I'd do well again
I'm doing CD as my metabolism is so slow nothing else works, ever!

My first try I lost 5lb, 2nd try 11lb, 3rd try 9lb and this time according to my scales looks to be a 4lb loss x

That's reassuring to know thanks

I lost 5 in 1st wi. 9 in second. It cud be anything but be assured that it will come off if u stick to it. I have weeks where i dnt lose n then suddenly 1/2 a stone in one go. Its not fun but its the way the body works sometimes xx

you might be taking longer to get into ketosis, some people take a day or two others take longer. if this is the case then you may see a bigger result on ur next weigh in. also, dont forget to measure once a month and go by how loose your clothers become as its not just the scales that reflect our loss. water retention is our nemesis on CD! I noticed it made a massive difference when it was my TOTM, my increased water intake did not help me then, must have all stayed in my belly! try not to focus on weekly loss it's best to look at a month overall, easier said than done i know! x

Back