Cambridge diet

Must be even harder for you Chauntelle if your having to give up the diet coke as well as food :(. I was the opposite, could go all day hardly having a drink at all. Food.....now that was a different matter.

Driving to your night outs a good idea as you won't be tempted to drink alcohol. And don't know about you, but having alcohol before made me forget I was on a diet and would usually end the night stuffing my face.

I waited til my holiday etc was over before and I had very few social events planned before starting cambridge. God I sound like a saddo - I do have family and friends :). I have a works night out in a few weeks which is a meal and drinks so don't know how I'm going to cope. Specially on SS. Five days and counting til weigh in and water flavouring.

Daniellea how have you managed 11 weeks? I'm demented on day 9.

We're going to do this girls xx

Ive had water flavouring since week 2!! Seems a lot of CDC's are doing different things. Im struggling this weekend find weekdays so much easier. As we speak my OH is having a kebab, I dont even like kebab but it smells delicious !!

Ive had water flavouring since week 2!! Seems a lot of CDC's are doing different things. Im struggling this weekend find weekdays so much easier. As we speak my OH is having a kebab, I dont even like kebab but it smells delicious !!

Poor you that's so mean! Most things I can resist but that I think I'd bite his hands off lol!

This is what I'm craving I think when I reach a 2 st loss I may have one the meat and the salad anyway. X

Hes eaten ever last bit *thank god*. Wasnt even tempted to steal anything. Im struggling with the shakes they are making me feel sick. Bring on next week for the bars yum yum x

Hes eaten ever last bit *thank god*. Wasnt even tempted to steal anything. Im struggling with the shakes they are making me feel sick. Bring on next week for the bars yum yum x

Yea I'm not a fan of the shakes (I like the tetras). This week I went for porridge and soup. But the porridge is not making me feel ill. So gonna opt for tetras and bars next week :) x

Odd how all the CDCs are different eh? I was allowed lemon bars from day one. Any bars from week 2 but no water flavouring til week 3. Oooh kebabs. I'd have bit his fingers off. Mine made toast with lots of butter the other night and that was bad enough, never mind yummy kebabs. I'm better when i'm working. Hard to fill the days without food on my days off :( x

Odd how all the CDCs are different eh? I was allowed lemon bars from day one. Any bars from week 2 but no water flavouring til week 3. Oooh kebabs. I'd have bit his fingers off. Mine made toast with lots of butter the other night and that was bad enough, never mind yummy kebabs. I'm better when i'm working. Hard to fill the days without food on my days off :( x

I'm exactly the same work days I don't notice days off I do. So now on days off I'm doing ss+ so I don't feel left out at tea time lol! X

I'm exactly the same work days I don't notice days off I do. So now on days off I'm doing ss+ so I don't feel left out at tea time lol! X

I'm thinking about doing SS plus on my late shifts. Mainly because I haven't told anyone at work I'm doing this. Can't be bothered with the - I know someone who put all their weight back on, yadda yadda comments. Tho I think there concerned about the soup they think I'm rustling up :). Won't be forever, that's what we have to keep telling ourselves x

Marie and anyone in the early days, I'm really struggling right now but as diets go this is easy don't even have to think... The abstinence has made me realize why I over ate I'm slowly coming to terms with that :D can only be positive right? I felt to the need to start doing a bit of exercise this week and it really helps me re-focus and remember I'm doing this for me, my health and so my little girl has a healthy mummy that can teach her how to eat and look after herself because I never ever want her to go trough being a big fat doughnut lol plus I need those endorphins. You never know what you are capable of until you do it the main thing from sticking to it 100% you learn about you're body what amazing thing you can do it all comes from you! You will do it if I can with a huge cake (that's yelling at me to eat it) sitting in the kitchen I have faith anyone can :D sorry I do waffle on a lot, stick with it I promise it's worth it!

Attachments

• image-3210965452.jpg
    image-3210965452.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 75
And I was going to say good luck ladies but you don't need luck you can and will succeed if its what you really want :D I hope you all achieve you're goals xx

I'm thinking about doing SS plus on my late shifts. Mainly because I haven't told anyone at work I'm doing this. Can't be bothered with the - I know someone who put all their weight back on, yadda yadda comments. Tho I think there concerned about the soup they think I'm rustling up :). Won't be forever, that's what we have to keep telling ourselves x

Yes I found the meal kept me sane bc the mental hunger was awful!! I've only told a couple people I find having a soup at work most think it's a cuppa soup if anyone asks I say oh fast day 5:2 bc no one worries about a fad diet lol and I can't deal with the lectures!!! X

Marie and anyone in the early days, I'm really struggling right now but as diets go this is easy don't even have to think... The abstinence has made me realize why I over ate I'm slowly coming to terms with that :D can only be positive right? I felt to the need to start doing a bit of exercise this week and it really helps me re-focus and remember I'm doing this for me, my health and so my little girl has a healthy mummy that can teach her how to eat and look after herself because I never ever want her to go trough being a big fat doughnut lol plus I need those endorphins. You never know what you are capable of until you do it the main thing from sticking to it 100% you learn about you're body what amazing thing you can do it all comes from you! You will do it if I can with a huge cake (that's yelling at me to eat it) sitting in the kitchen I have faith anyone can :D sorry I do waffle on a lot, stick with it I promise it's worth it!

Think it's so hard cause food is such a big thing socially. Find this diet a bit isolating and I'm only on day 9. But it's only temporary, right :). Your wee daughter will have a positive attitude towards food cause we know where we go wrong. I've struggled with food and my weight most of my adult life. However my 2 daughters eat normally and healthily and have no issues with their weight. Bring on day 10 x

Yes I found the meal kept me sane bc the mental hunger was awful!! I've only told a couple people I find having a soup at work most think it's a cuppa soup if anyone asks I say oh fast day 5:2 bc no one worries about a fad diet lol and I can't deal with the lectures!!! X

Fab idea Mizkirsty. I too am going to say I'm doing 5:2 cause like you say no one will bat an eye. Plus I'm a community nurse and we work shifts, so no one would notice I'm always on the 2 days :) cause I'm on with different people all the time. I can't deal with the lectures either - everyone knows someone who's put the weight back on the minute they stopped eh. Plus a colleague lost loads with lighter life and has sadly put it all back on. My close family and friends are being v supportive tho x

Fab idea Mizkirsty. I too am going to say I'm doing 5:2 cause like you say no one will bat an eye. Plus I'm a community nurse and we work shifts, so no one would notice I'm always on the 2 days :) cause I'm on with different people all the time. I can't deal with the lectures either - everyone knows someone who's put the weight back on the minute they stopped eh. Plus a colleague lost loads with lighter life and has sadly put it all back on. My close family and friends are being v supportive tho x

I'm exactly the same. I'm a midwife different shifts and people and noone bats an eyelid! Which is nice. I don't think ill tell my family either I can't deal with the rants over the stigma. I know people who have failed and gained - generally those that lost and stopped. But I also know people who have maintained at they're target!

My mum would be the worst I think! Very negative! :s xx

Ps ofc my oh knows and he's extremely supportive! X

Gosh im totally opposite. Everyone at work and the people that I come into contact with most family friends etc all know that im on Cambridge. Ive had all of the comments and blah blah blah but it's motivated me to show them all that it does work and I can do this!!

Gosh im totally opposite. Everyone at work and the people that I come into contact with most family friends etc all know that im on Cambridge. Ive had all of the comments and blah blah blah but it's motivated me to show them all that it does work and I can do this!!

I don't want negativity to be part of my journey. I want to remain motivated in a positive way. But everyone's different and we all have to do what works for us! If that keeps you going great :)

We're all get there :) xx

I'm exactly the same. I'm a midwife different shifts and people and noone bats an eyelid! Which is nice. I don't think ill tell my family either I can't deal with the rants over the stigma. I know people who have failed and gained - generally those that lost and stopped. But I also know people who have maintained at they're target!

My mum would be the worst I think! Very negative! :s xx

Ps ofc my oh knows and he's extremely supportive! X

Oh midwiferys hard work, physically and mentally eh. I'm a community psychiatric nurse. Which is half the problem cause I only drag my bum off my chair, into my car, onto someone's couch. And that's if they don't come to me. My weight ballooned when I went to the community to work. My mum has been the most supportive. My OH can't believe I've stuck to something for 9 days without so much as a tiny cheat :).

We will do this x

I know this is personal but how much are people wanting to loose?

This is the first time I've publicly admitted my weight. I started 18 - 6.5 (I'm embarrassed even typing that). Lost 10.5 in week one so currently 17.10. I'm hoping to get to 11, which is still too heavy for my 5" 5" frame but would be a dream for me. Bet some people start their journey at 11 ;).

What about you Monica?x

No way you will pile it back on if you follow the steps and make time for exercise! My sister is very negative about it and likes to get her little digs in, it just fuels you even more thinking you will eat you're words this time next year when I'm at target and maintaining! But as the saying goes if you do what you have always done you will always be what you always have been... Changes for a better happy healthy you and who knows you might just inspire someone else to make positive change ;)

Back