Cambridge-GP refused to sign HELP

you will get some gp's to sign it in your surgery.. i am sorry hunny but dont take his word !

go back to see another gp, tell them your weight is depressing you, tell them you can not control food, you need to be on a diet that cuts out food completely, and this is the right diet to do that!

try again hun..

please dont do this without doctors confirmation, you need to be checked regulary .. ebay is not the way, you dont know whats in the packs, and you need health guidance, its so important :)

Really feel for you hun. You have had some great advice from everyone here. :)
My doc refused to sign mine too. Until Linaa from this site forwarded my CDC a letter and an "information for doctors" booklet which I took them both back to a different doc at my practice. I left them with her and the docs had a meeting about it and everything! A few days later I got a phone call saying she had signed it at a cost of £12.
Speak to your CDC and see if she has a copy of that info for you to take.
I know the doc is refusing to sign because of your depression so may be a bit different but anything is worth a try when you have your mind set on doing CD.

good luck xx

Have you looked into the w8 program do not have to get doctors signature unless you have medical probs ie diabetes heart disease high blood pressure apparently the reason you don't need doctors signature is because they include food.
lorna x

I would try another GP before doing anything drastic and don't go near eBay - you need to do CD (whichever level) with the help of a counsellor. Good luck x

I have depression and still do but mine was coupled with an eating disorder :O Everything it says you cant do on CD. Bascially i had a serious cmy GP and said i need to sort out this problem.....putting on weight makes me more depressed and the big bursts of weight loss on CD are great boosts. I was made to see her every week to double check that i was not being sick on CD as (hmmm it would kill me) and she agreed.......

The others have provided your best solutions.............either start on 1200 and work downwards or seek a different GP.

Taz x

Two things come to mind here,and that is that
1) it's usually true that you should take your doctors advice.
2) We aren't medically qualified,but 1 doc isn't always right (grr..don't get me going about lousy doctors)
This would be my plan,if I was in your position:

Can you find out which are the doctors that have a better "bedside manner"?(Do you have friends or acquaintances who use the same practice).

Make an appointment to see that doc,taking along a copy of the booklet.

When you go ,you gotta appear totally unconcerned and unhurried.

Explain you would like to go on the diet,
You feel it's the right diet for you,and could you leave the booklet and the form.Explain the diet has been devised by doctors.(AS I UNDERSTAND IT,THIS ISN'T CONSIDERED TO BE A "CRASH DIET" TECHNICALLY)

It might even help if you went to the docs for another small ailment,and mentioned this as a "secondary "thing.

If THAT doc wont sign,ask for another appointment with her/him and go back to discuss why.

If the doctors are still refusing,go on a higher plan,itll still be good!! Good luck,let us know what you do.I had moderate depression after a divorce about eight years ago,but don't have it any more.
I guess it depends on how you have been,how you feel about life since your depression.Also,do you have a lot of support around you?

If the docs are doing it because they don't want you to feel bad again,you are going to have to think positively "Good,Perhaps the sole source wasn't such a good idea,but I still have a great diet I can follow,that plenty of other people have followed VERY successfully.Yippee!! can't wait to start- I will show those doctors what a great diet this is".

xx

Hey hun my GP signed my form and I was on Prozac for depression a few years ago. Not all doctors are like yours. I'd try another in the surgery first. Good luck.

I may be wrong but i believed having depression was a contraindication only if you currently suffer from it AND are on medication. Even if that were the case for you, some GPs will still consent (as mine did). The fact that you had depression x number of years ago should have no bearing on your GP signing your consent form.
If his issues are with your BMI & SSing then thats another issue, however i totally agree with the others, arm yourself with all the info, a letter from your CDC and make an appointment with another GP at your surgery.

Good luck x

Hi, I just wanted to add to this, although everyone has already given some great advice.

I suffered from depression two years ago, but when I took my form to the docs and she mentioned the depression, I pointed out that the form is asking if I currently suffer from it, which I don't, it was two years ago and I am fine. She was happy with that.

I definitely think that you need to see another doctor and go for the approach I did which was...

"I am starting the cambridge diet. I have been asked to complete a form confirming my medical history and I have to get you to check what I have said is true, please could you check through it for me?"

It worked a treat! I think it helps if you go to a GP that you know is nice

Good luck xx

my doc wanted to charge me £30 to sign the form,he seemed to think he had to check though all my records (well,not him,but the person employed to do that).not sure if they are going to charge me yet.

Back