Cambridge Help! Soup and mousse (not together!!)

Hi!!

Im on day 5 of ss+ and i have a quick couple of questions!

1/ How do i make the soup a bit more palatable? I follow instructions to the tee, but by the time i have finished blending/whisking its lukewarm..nowhere near as hot as soup SHOULD be and it makes it horrible!! How can i stop this from happening..shall i use kettle water?

2/ Mousse..loads of people on here are talking about mix a mousse and it sounds lovely..when will i get the opportunity to use that?..next week possibly?

Thanks

Deepak

x

1. yes use kettle water but just before it boils, i also use about 14 oz water not 8 oz and add some pepper to it

2. i think mix a mousse is from week 3 but not sure

thank you so much...great advice!

just remembered the tomato soup you make different, you have to add a bit of cold water to the powder and make it in to a paste first then add boiling water, it tells you on the pack for that one, i dont like it thats why i had forgot ;)

I too use water from the kettle - just have to remember to click it off before it boils!
When i used to whisk the soups like i do the shakes they would go all frothy and taste awful! I still whisk the shakes but now i just use a fork to mix the soups. This has really helped as they taste alot better for some reason that way!!
I am on week 2 of SS and am going to be trying the mix a mousse from next week, my counsellor recommended i waited til week 3. There are lots of thread on here re the mousse and how best to make it!!
Good luck xxx

Yeah Mandy..i can't stand the spicy tomato!
Thanks for the advice nicegirl1980!
I imagine i will be getting the porridges at the same time?

Deepak x

The above are all right, but I find that the method for the tomato soup works well for all of the soups. I turn my kettle off just before it clicks itself off, and mix the powder in a mug with a bit of water until it's a paste, then add the rest of the water while I stir it. Never tried whisking one - yuk! It's usually too hot to drink straight away. I also add loads of pepper to them. You can add most herbs and spices, but not salt.

You can have porridges, soups, shakes, tetras from day 1
Bars, water flavouring and mix a mousse from day 15

Some CDC have different rules however - some let you have the bars from day 1, some from 3, some from day 8....

The reason you can't have everything at day one is that the chewy bars (not the peanut or cranberry) have more carbs than the shakes, so could make it slower to hit ketosis. I assume the same is to be said for the mix a mousse and the water flavourings.

My CDC let me have the bars after 10 days because I begged!

thanks qwetypi!

I wasnt offered no tetras or porridges..will the fact i am on ss+ make a difference to that?..or will i need to have words with my CDC? LOL

I wasnt offered no tetras or porridges..will the fact i am on ss+ make a difference to that?..or will i need to have words with my CDC? LOL

LOL, you need to have words with your CDC. No reason at all why you can't have tetras or porridge from Day 1.

BTW, I'm intrigued. If you weren't using water from the kettle to make your soup, what were you using :confused:

I was being a spaz and using the hottest tap water on the planet,lol!

Im such a mook!

Yeah, when i have my first WI on Sunday i will be asking her! What am i supposed to say if she says no?!?

Deepak

x

I was being a spaz and using the hottest tap water on the planet,lol!

Bless... :D

Your CDC is supposed to carry the full range of products, so it shouldn't be a problem. I think some CDCs think that porridge should be avoided in week 1 because it contains a few more carbs, but there's really no reason for the restriction. As for tetras, hmm, I'd probably starve without mine, LOL. :)

Stern words!! I think i'm going to have to use my teacher-voice!

Deepak

x

Back