Cambridge in the news...

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by icemoose, 3 October 2007 Social URL.

1. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Diet:
    Don't diet anymore!
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Splash

Splash Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st10lb
    Current Weight:
    21st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(3.29%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Wow, can't believe how much it's grown in the UK. Have to say I hadn't heard of the Cambridge Diet, even after doing Lighter Life a couple of years ago. Seems there's a lot of advertising for LL but CD seems to be more word of mouth....unless it's just where I live!

4. Tazzi

Tazzi is Special :P

Start Weight:
    228kg
    Current Weight:
    78kg
    Goal Weight:
    65kg
    Lost(%):
    150kg(65.78%)
    No it isnt just you. I was actually getting ready to go to a lighter life presentation when i searched the difference between lighter life and lipo trim. This brought up CD. I was thinking what on earth is that??? But the minimins forum brought it all to light and more people seemed to recommend it so there you go. I am glad i picked Cambridge though. My mum is on lipotrim and hates it.
    Taz x

5. Mrs V

Mrs V Loves Life!

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st2lb(42.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    That's fantastic news and really does show that more and more people are trying to improve their health.

6. Sambucca

Sambucca Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st0lb(43.9%)
    Diet:
    Gastric BYpass
    I too had never heard of cambridge diet and was so desperate to lose weight after 10 years of dieting that I googled slimming pills and found a forum (cant remember which one now - not minis) where people had achieved success with CD. Then googled CD and found out about the diet and found minimins. The rest is history.

7. Bluepaws

Bluepaws Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    I hadn't heard of CD or LL until one day on a parenting forum I would visit often. A lady on there posted about her successful weightloss (she is also a member of mini's) I pm'd her for details and in her reply she informed me about LL but also the cost. Couldn't afford that amount and so she suggested CD. I searched t'internet for CD and also joined minimins after she kindly mentioned this fantastic site! (Thanks again Buxom wench) I've still not seen CD advertised but have often seen LL in some women's mags. Tbh.. I don't think CD needs to be advertised... it's doing pretty damn well through word of mouth! lol

Mini likes this.
  8. blue_grapefruit

blue_grapefruit Gold Member

What the deuce is Lipotrim?
    I hadnt heard of CD about 6 weeks ago. Heard of LL though, didn't realise there was a cost difference. Is it much more then?

Gotta say, CD is hard work to stick to, but it's a pretty simple diet :)

9. GnomesGnuts

GnomesGnuts Banned

Diet:
    cambridge
    Lipotrim is a sole source diet run by doctors and chemists, it stock only 3 shales and 1 soup and cardboard bars, its hard to stick to as the shakes are disgusting no variety and you dont get a great deal of support, its 30 a week whereas cambridge is abit more but what you get in return is a really nice cdc and lots of choice and different meal plans so as cambridge expands, lipo I think will decrease.

:wave_cry:

10. Mia01101

Mia01101 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st12lb
    Current Weight:
    14st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(0.96%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Believe it or not, I have heard of CD...my mother did it donkey's years ago and lost alot of weight but she didn't go back to food slowly and put it all back on...

Only hearing of Lighter Life over here now...

11. Russiandoll

Russiandoll Carpe diem

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan - Step 1
    When I first saw the article, I thought the bloke was wearing a bright orange 'Ronald McDonald' wig! DOH!

I hadn't heard of Cambridge and was researching weight loss surgery in Belgium when someone mentioned Icemoose's blog on an Ebay message board. I checked it out, joined the Discovery Health forum and then moved to Mini's when DH went down for 'improvement' (it didn't improve and most people stayed on here at Mini's :D )

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.