Cambridge journey of a busy mum ...

sarah j

Hey....

I am new to posting and definitely new to keeping a diary!
I read the others on here saying they help so I will jot down events along my journey ....
The story so far?
This is my first encounter with the likes of food replacement and I hope to cure not just my 'fatness' with it.... All the picking and secret scoffing has to go too!

I want to wear nice clothes again and have some pride in myself!

I started last Monday so just starting day 8 this morning!

I can safely say that yesterday was the hardest day yet. You can imagine there was a lot of chocolate about, and I made the kids a steak pie for their dinner. I think the crux of it was a sleepless night as my lo was up... I think the tiredness set off the hunger, which led to the cravings... Which led to me being having a right old struggle!!!

That said its done now, i stuck to the plan, and today is a fresh start!

I was weighed on Friday morning, (my CDC is on her holidays) after 4 days on and I'd lost 10lbs :)

Plenty more where that came from so onwards and thin-wards, I say!!!

Fantastic first weigh in

Well done for getting through ur hard day! Don't think I would be string enough to be able to cook food for other people yet

Keep up the great work x

Well done Sarah I'm day 8 also, I was weighed last week on day 4 and lst 7 and have my next weigh in tomorrow so fingers crossed for me. Like you I have a long way to go. I've been really surprised how easy it has been. It's great not thinking about food my only decision is which flavour shake to have!! Keep it up, I'm with you all the way

Great loss! Well done :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Nice to hear from you x

I have been away in the mountains up north with no signal so couldn't pop into minimins. :(

On the plus side .... Still going strong!!
My few days away staying with my friends were blimmin' hard. I struggled with cravings and some hunger - due to not drinking enough water, I suspect. I had a long drive and really wanted to avoid using services on the motorway (it's a real palaver getting my three little ones out of their seats).
Have felt quite bloated at times too.
Note to self: Must drink more water!
Wish I'd bought more soups - really enjoyed the tomato and the chicken and mushroom.... Wonder if I am allowed (!) to use white pepper? Does anyone know??

It's interesting to realise exactly how much food I was actually 'picking' through and average day, pre CD. Much much more than I would have ever thought! Will be glad the break that habit. Do they say it takes three weeks to break a habit?

Looking forward to taking more water and feeling its benefit tomorrow!

well done on yr first wi xx well done xx

LeaE said:
well done on yr first wi xx well done xx

Thank you!

WI tomorrow - very excited!

I am finding that I am wishing time away on this diet, which is a little sad.

It's shaping up to be a gorgeous day, I think. The sun is in the sky and I can't see a single cloud!

Gonna do something a little more basic for the family's tea today, on account of the steak pie I did yesterday, that was nearly then end of me!!! As soon as I served it up, I retreated to the front room with a shake and a double dose of support - I was reading minimins AND watching the biggest looser on the telly box!!! Phew!

True that I feel better for drinking more water, boring, but true!!

There have been some brilliant inspirational photos posted and I am grateful to the posters for making the effort, it does help!!

Felt a bit weak and tragic this morning but, as usual I split my first pack and made two strong coffees so I am raring to go now ... Well almost!!

Have a good day you'all!!

It's hard when you're cooking for the family isn't it.... keep going, you're doing great x

6lbs this week!!!!
Yay!
You have to love this diet!
My CDC has done an ace job and gee'd me up for another week of SS'ing .... We reckon that by end April I could have lost up 2st!
Amazing... And in any case, I am aiming to be in the 16's (stone) by next week!

Enjoying a soup now while my little one has a nap .....

Oh and in other news.... I have some bars!!!!

Hope you are all doing well, I feel really upbeat now!!
Enjoy your day.....

Today is day one of my restart for me - doing ok so far, just having my first shake now.. have got lots of things planned to keep me busy over the next few days till ketosis sets in. Looking forward to seeing some good results and achieving my goals though x

Brilliant !
Day one - very exciting! Sounds like you know the deal - and how to get through the first few days!!??
Positive mental attitude is the key!
Have you far to go?
Have you set some mini goals??
I am buzzing today! Wait for your first weigh in, and be sure to let me know!
Have you got a diary?

Oh and I would just like to say a great big

"WELCOME BACK"

.... to my energy... I have missed you, your visits over the last fortnight have been far too fleeting!

I hope you will be sticking around and not just passing through....

I've lost count of which day I'm on....??
I think it's day 17!

All going well except I am feeling poorly :(
Only two packs today, so far, a shake and a soup Worse, i have only managed a feeble litre of water, which I'm sure accounts for this blimmin' headache.

Still my resolve will not waiver!

Head down and early night again for me!
Keep going you all!

Back