Cambridge or SlimFast?

kira1985

Hi,
I am new to the forum, but am desperately seeking advice!! I hope a few of you will take some time to read my story and pass on your advice and knowledge. I am overweight (albeit not by much) and have 3 months to shift about 1 1/2 stone. I am 5'3" and weigh 10stone. I know this doesnt sound heavy, but I am right on the edge of the overweight BMI level, and have a very small frame. I do not carry the weight well, my legs are rather thin, however my "love handles" register at a size 14, even though my hips are a 12 (hopefully this shows how out of proportion I am.) I also have celulite all over my belly (i havent had any children)which has only happened in the last year or so. I am 25, and until about 3 years ago was always a healthy weight, fluctuating between 8 1/2 stone and 9stone. I have been told by family members that in a bikini I look around 12- 13stone (please dont think they were being mean, I asked for their honest opinion!!) :cry:
So for the last 6 months or so I have been eating healthily and going to the gym 3 times a week, but have only lost 4lb's in total. (This is partly due to a car accident in March which meant I couldnt exercise for 2 months). The purpose of all of my exercising is my best friends wedding in September, for which I am chief bridesmaid. I am not comparing myself to her, but she is a tall 5'7" and is a dress size 8. This alone wouldnt bother me much (the bride is always meant to look the best!! :)) however the only other bridesmaid is her sister, who is exactly the same as the bride!! I am panicing now, my main worry being I want to feel confortable at the wedding, and happy being in the photos with them. Just looking at myself in the mirror atm brings me to tears, so I have decided to make one last push to the finishing line, and shift this extra poundage!!

I have a problem with portion sizes (which sounds quite common from reading posts on here), as well as a "reward mantra" when it comes to food. If I have had a bad day at work, somehow I tell myself I "deserve" angel delight (a favourite :confused:). For that reason, combined with the short time frame, I think meal replacement would be the best way for me to go. I could probably cope with cooking one meal of meat and salad/veg in the evening, but thats it.

I would really appreciate some advice on what people think would be best for me, slim fast or Cambridge? I have heard good things about both, and bad things about both. I am finding it hard to separate the wheat from the chaff, and really dont know which way to go. All I know is that whatever I do I need to start it soon.

There are 14 weeks until the wedding, so i think 1 1/2 stone is realistic. Please tell me if I'm wrong.

All comments and help needed and appreciated!!! thanks for reading.

Welcome to MiniMins Kira1985:welcome:

If you are 5' 3" and weight 10 stone your BMI is 24.8 which is just inside normal weight. Calculate your BMI - Standard BMI Calculator

Check out the Slim Fast forum http://www.minimins.com/slimfast/

And the Cambridge Diet forum and ask other members their experience and how they are finding their weight loss and that will help you make up your own mind.

http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/

Walking is a good exercise that should help shift the belly fat...

Good luck with what you decide to do...Im doing a total food replacement at the moment but have done both CD and slimfast before and both worked for me.....

Mini, thanks for the advice, I think your right about the walking, I drive everywhere at the moment, even to the shop down the road (usually for chocolate!!) Will now walk for an apple (I sound healthier already!!)

Sonkie, thatnks for the advice, its good to hear that both worked for you and you didnt experience any adverse side effects with either. If that is the general feedback I get, I think I will go with slimfast, mainly because it is cheaper and easily accesible. Do you think that a weight loss of 1 1/2 stone is realistic in 14 weeks? I work that out to be able 1 1/2 lb per week?

thanks guys, I can tell already the support on here is going to spur me on this time!!!

That weight loss should be doable on slimfast.....I lost 2 stone in a couple of months on it.....obviously the evening meal must not go over what they reccommend

Back