Cambridge to slim fast?

Tuesday!x

Hello, I was wondering if anybody has made a transmission from the Cambridge diet straight to slim fast?
Any information would be appreciated, thanks.

I've switched over, but had only been doing 3 days of Cambridge with products leftover from when I did it last summer. Needed more flexible routine and snacks to get me through the day, plus being able to buy products from boots etc when out is easier for me as travel for work a lot. How long you been doing cambridge for?

Thank you for your reply.. I have been doing Cambridge for around 6 weeks now, I'm going on holiday in two weeks and I thought about finishing my products on Saturday and maybe doing slim fast till I go on holiday on the 18th so I don't gain any weight.. Two slim fast shakes and a small evening meal, also the slim fast shakes are a lot cheaper! I don't really see the point in spending 46 a week before I go just to lose a few pounds if that makes sense haha

Hi, I'd think you'd be ok, as long as you try and avoid too many carbs though or gradually introduce them. If you do put on anything I'll be glycogen rather than extra body mass. I went straight from doing cambridge for 3&1/2 mths to a 2 week full board cruise. Only put on about 4lb over the holiday, but had built up my meal plans to step 3 by then, so was having some carbs.

It was Christmas just after and the 2 years of bad eating that have made me gain weight since!!

Ahh so aslong as im very sensible i should be fine, when you put pounds on due to restoring the glycogen thats not necessarily a weight gain?How do you find slimfast? I think I will just do that until I go on holiday.. When I'm back it will be slimming world!

Yeah it's like when you lose more at the beginning, it weighs on scales, but don't think you see it on your body if you know what mean.

We'll be going back to slimming world meals after we've shifted at least a stone and a half on slim fast as find that diet best for maintenance, Though I'm tempted to redo cambridge for a month beforehand once work and social events aren't so busy and I can do the SS+ stage.

in meantime slimfast is best at mo for me, for the disciplined style diet like cambridge plus flexibility with the snacks and 600kcal meal.

Yes slimming world is most definitely the best for maintenance... Slim fast is ideal due to the flexibility, do you find you are hungrier more so than on Cambridge due to not being in ketosis?

@LouMou I lost 19 pounds in my 6 weeks ideally would have liked to lose another 6 pounds for my target but I guess 19 pounds is a damn site better than what I was before lol

Yes slimming world is most definitely the best for maintenance... Slim fast is ideal due to the flexibility, do you find you are hungrier more so than on Cambridge due to not being in ketosis?

Yeah been quite hungry at the end of work day and disparate to get home for my tea, but I'm thinking bout the positives of sf over Cambridge, like not being cold on hottest day of year, like being able to go to pizza express the other night and have a leggaro pizza and most importantly my hair not thinning like it did on cambridge.

well done on the 19lb. I've just weighed myself and think I might have lost 7lb in my first week, can't believe it. Will check on Monday as weighed self for start weight last Monday.

You are so right.. Plus SF shakes are tastier. I was thinking about doing one more week of Cambridge this morning but I'm just going to do SF, my hair thinned too, I did Cambridge for about 14 weeks before (I'm a yo-yo) and my hair I would say still isn't the same as it was prior to that. Thanks for your advice, and all the best on your journey, 7lbs is great!!

My hair took about a year to recover from thinning. You're right on tastier shakes. We only had milk for 1 shake this morn so I said I'd have cambridge one, eeeeewww, then I had to have a cambridge choc mint bar for lunch, double bleeeeaaauuu. Off to pizza express this eve, so loving slim fast, off to Asda for shakes and stuff in a bit, just seen online they do a caramel version so might have to buy some.

Slim fast is on offer in super drug at the moment, 3 for the price of 2.. So brought some.. I actually enjoy them a lot more than Cambridge! Mmm that sounds delicious.. Enjoy! I'm about to have my 1st meal in soo long, salmon and salad, trying to avoid carbs.. Looking forward to having a Sunday roast tomorrow! Just really hoping I don't gain.. Holiday in 10 days!

Back