Cambridge VS Calorie Counting

laurenmay

Gold Member
Before I start I should probably explain a little about my weight loss journey and why I'm asking this question!! Long story short is after losing all my baby weight only four months after having my son back in July last year, I've now re gained half of it through general plain laziness, lack of exercise and excessive binge eating.

I currently weigh 12 stone, and ideally wanna get down to 10st. I have cosmetic surgery booked for the 26th of July, so just under 9 weeks away, and want to try and lose as much weight as possible before the op. I was 10.7 at my consultation so I at least need to get down to that weight again!!

So I have just under 9 weeks to lose at least 21lbs. I started Cambridge the week before last in a bid to lose the weight quickly and give me a kick start, but after 3 days gave up and binge ate like crazy. I then decided to try calorie counting again, as it's what I did to lose my baby weight and I normally head to the gym 3-4 times a week and run occasionally so felt I needed more calories and substance to what I'm fuelling my body with in order to be able to keep my energy up and exercise. I only managed two days of CC before again caving in and having a blow out binge. I then decided to get back on CD as I thought the strict guidelines and rules may keep me in control and I desperately want and need to lose weight ASAP so thought it'd be a better move..

I'm on day two of Cambridge now, I'm not hungry but I just want FOOD!! I wanna eat actual food that you chew and not be living off shakes four times a day. And if I want the odd chocolate bar then I wanna be able to have it and just incorporate it into my daily calories or exercise harder to make up for the extra calories!!

I also have been told by my surgeon that I must be eating a healthy diet consisting of lots of fruit and veg, vitamins and a decent calorie amount for the two weeks prior to surgery, so a part of me wonders is it worth doing Cambridge for 7 weeks if I then have to jump up to healthy eating? As won't this cause a weight gain? And shall I just start calorie counting now so that the two weeks of eating healthy wont be such a shock to my system..

So confused!!!

- start weight 12.4 - goal weight 10.0

Have you looked at Slim and Save? It's a VLCD but they have food packs and you can have a small amount of protein every day. It's kind of the best of both worlds. You could have some food but you'll still get CD type losses

Starlight said:
Have you looked at Slim and Save? It's a VLCD but they have food packs and you can have a small amount of protein every day. It's kind of the best of both worlds. You could have some food but you'll still get CD type losses

Hi, I have looked at that yeah but it didn't appeal to me for some reason. If I can find my strength and willpower again, then I think personally I'd be better suited to a healthy eating and calorie controlled diet and lots of hard intense exercise. Exercising makes me happy and I miss doing it.

- start weight 12.4 - goal weight 10.0

Back