Camping advice ..

wobblytum74

going camping for the weekend soon, and everyone I am going with is on my case not to follow SW whilst we are away.

What would you do? Have a few days off or try and stick (as near to possible) to the plan?

I think I could stick to it, apart from cafe stops. We are having tea out at a pub so that should be easy to stick to. Plus plan on doing loads of walking so shouldn't be too bad.

Haven't been on holiday for 2 years and want to really enjoy it.

When I went camping I tried to stick to the plan as much as I could. I wasn't too precious about it, but did stay conscious of the choices I made, and we cooked a lot of our own food.
When I came back, at my next weigh-in (after missing one) I'd lost 3lbs, so it was worth it from my point of view.

I'd say it's a very personal decision, but I made the right one for me. It might not be the right one for you.

Enjoy yourself!
But i'm curious as to why everyone you are going with is on at you not to follow sw!
I bet you would never try to persuade them that they HAD to do it!
Make your own choices and tell them that you are not going to deliberately put on the 10lb you have already lost just cos they say so!
You might find it easier than you expect to stay on plan if you are camping, take your own saucepan and plenty of pasta etc and cook your own meals. You might even find they want to share your lusious sw meals
Whatever you do enjoy your time away and don't forget to zip the tent up at night to stop the ware-wolves getting in!

Haven't been on holiday for 2 years and want to really enjoy it.

It sounds like you want to go off plan you just want permission first :D and I mean that in a nice way :)

As you said you haven't been away for 2 years and its only a weekend!

Go and enjoy yourself. Have fun. You are allowed. Just eat "normally" being on holiday doesn't have to mean you'll automatically blow it, remember to just eat when your hungry. And you can do it in your head and not tell anyone. If you fill up with superfree foods like bananas, apples, carrots etc at the in between times then there will be less room for the "bad food" at the meal times. Also things like couscous and mugshots are free food as well and only need boiling water. And who's gonna know its still nice food!

Go enjoy your break as you said you'll be doing lots of walking as well. I would just tell everyone that your off plan and keep it to yourself that way they'll stay off your case!!

Enjoy yourself!
But i'm curious as to why everyone you are going with is on at you not to follow sw!
I bet you would never try to persuade them that they HAD to do it!
Make your own choices and tell them that you are not going to deliberately put on the 10lb you have already lost just cos they say so!
You might find it easier than you expect to stay on plan if you are camping, take your own saucepan and plenty of pasta etc and cook your own meals. You might even find they want to share your lusious sw meals
Whatever you do enjoy your time away and don't forget to zip the tent up at night to stop the ware-wolves getting in!

Well said hun x

I like Piglet's suggestion: "And you can do it in your head and not tell anyone." SW eating can often look like you're not 'on a diet' anyway, so if you're with people who're not familiar with it, they'll think you've decided to just eat what you fancy!

I think its a bit mean that everyone is on your case to go off plan. Its only one step away from telling a diabetic to stuff their face with chocolate because it wont matter.

HOWEVER, if you actually quite fancy a couple of days off plan, then thats ok. How you manage it depends whether you go entirely offplan or if you try and balance it so you dont do too much damage. If you have a cool box you could take syn free sausages and frylight for fry ups, just go "its easier and less messy than carting round a bottle of oil" and they wont notice anyway. You can flexisyn the meal out in the pub, or make more sensible choices, but the most important thing is that you enjoy yourself, and if you can do that without causing too much carnage to your diet then thats a bonus!

Have a good time!

My first reaction to people telling me what to do is not to! Do what you want to do, don't talk about it, don't allow anyone else to discuss it with you. Do your own thing!!

Thanks guys. Think it's more that I become obsessed with following SW, and my OH wants me to relax and enjoy the break. Take it for what it is. Going with sister in law and her family, and basically don't think we are cooking much - eating out the majority of the time!

I don't usually drink if I am really following the plan as I find that alcohol can spoil a good loss for me. My OH wants me to let me hair down, as once I have had a few drinks my confidence soars. I know that sounds awful but it's not how it sounds. Been overweight for a good few years and my confidence has taken a knock, therefore when I have a couple of glasses of wine by inhibitions go. Basically I think I am more fun to be around when I am tipsy.

Back