Camping dilema

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by gertiegumdrop, 6 August 2009 Social URL.

1. gertiegumdrop

gertiegumdrop Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st11.0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st11.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    The Cambridge diet
    Hi :flirt2:

I am gong away for 4 days camping. Now we're not seasoned campers so we don't have the whole stove and cooking gear, although I have a small burner for boiling water. I was after a few ideas of snacks/light bite options I could take with me for when the munchies strike. We don't have a fridge(!) My meals will be ok as we will be eating at pubs etc so I will chose wisely but it's the in betweenies I need help with. Any ideas of a few sustainable non perishables I could take with me?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. judimac

judimac Mad old Bat with Attitude

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Diet:
    WW
    Water wings? :p

4. gertiegumdrop

gertiegumdrop Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st11.0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st11.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    The Cambridge diet
    Hahahaha! Was considering that myself. Not going until Monday so hoping the sun will win the war!!

5. charlottegrace1

charlottegrace1 Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Diet:
    SW
    Mug shots, pasta n sauce, supernoodles etc are good for green days or EE you would just need to boil the kettle. If you make em in advance and put them in a flask, they are already done when the urge strikes. Good luck and hope the big yellow thing in the sky comes out for you.

6. eye6769

eye6769 Vegetarian who lives2eat

Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    SW
    cold baked beans straight from the tin,always useful in an emergency.thats if you like beans,i luv em. Try getting some cheese triangles that dont need refrigerating, some finn crisp and grapes, great snack.and you can get long life yogurts,not sure if free or syns

7. lucylupin

lucylupin Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st8lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(24.6%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I take cool bags with ice blocks in and make up quiches,omlettes and tuna pasta to take with me that most.Loads of fruit,alpen bars,scan bran or crackers,tins of veg and new potatoes,packets of smash.
    I didnt know but i have learnt (cos of the lovely people on here!) that most campsites have a freezer for ice blocks so you can keep swaping them over.
    Have a lovely time,i hope the weather improves:)

8. Busy_mam

Busy_mam Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Lost(%):
    3st5lb(25.82%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    When we camp we have 2 burners but normally mainly use one, couscous is good as a snack, we take a cool box, most campsites offer a block freezing service. I feed the whole family off 2 burners, quorn sausage sarnies, omelet, fried eggs, pasta and sauce, packet soup. (packet rice is no good as it takes 20 minutes to boil and uses all your gas).

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.