Camping dilema

gertiegumdrop

Hi :flirt2:

I am gong away for 4 days camping. Now we're not seasoned campers so we don't have the whole stove and cooking gear, although I have a small burner for boiling water. I was after a few ideas of snacks/light bite options I could take with me for when the munchies strike. We don't have a fridge(!) My meals will be ok as we will be eating at pubs etc so I will chose wisely but it's the in betweenies I need help with. Any ideas of a few sustainable non perishables I could take with me?

Water wings? :p

Hahahaha! Was considering that myself. Not going until Monday so hoping the sun will win the war!!

Mug shots, pasta n sauce, supernoodles etc are good for green days or EE you would just need to boil the kettle. If you make em in advance and put them in a flask, they are already done when the urge strikes. Good luck and hope the big yellow thing in the sky comes out for you.

cold baked beans straight from the tin,always useful in an emergency.thats if you like beans,i luv em. Try getting some cheese triangles that dont need refrigerating, some finn crisp and grapes, great snack.and you can get long life yogurts,not sure if free or syns

I take cool bags with ice blocks in and make up quiches,omlettes and tuna pasta to take with me that most.Loads of fruit,alpen bars,scan bran or crackers,tins of veg and new potatoes,packets of smash.
I didnt know but i have learnt (cos of the lovely people on here!) that most campsites have a freezer for ice blocks so you can keep swaping them over.
Have a lovely time,i hope the weather improves:)

When we camp we have 2 burners but normally mainly use one, couscous is good as a snack, we take a cool box, most campsites offer a block freezing service. I feed the whole family off 2 burners, quorn sausage sarnies, omelet, fried eggs, pasta and sauce, packet soup. (packet rice is no good as it takes 20 minutes to boil and uses all your gas).

Back