Can anybody help please?

Modette

Hi everyone, I'm new on here! I've been reading through a few threads over the last few weeks but now I've hit a wall with my own diet and was wondering if you could help?

I am 5'4, my start weight was 9st1lb and my target is 8st. I started Dukan 3 weeks ago. I did the attack phase for 5 days and went down to 8st9lbs. During the first week of Cruise I lost 1lb. Every Saturday since I have gone down to 8st7lbs but the next day gone back to 8st8lbs...so in theory, I have lost no weight for just over 2 weeks.

I walk 20 mins to work and 20mins home each day and on the way to work, I have to walk about 5mins up quite a steep hill (it is actually used for training and fitness purposes for athletes in the area), so I'm getting 40mins walking in each day....do you think I need to increase this because it's nothing new for my body?

I drink at least 2 litres of water every day including 1 coffee and 2 teas with 1 sweetener in each (3 all day). Occassionally, I'll have a diet coke (once or twice a week). No fruit juice/squash and no alchohol. I've been drinking unsweetened, light soya milk in my tea since the attack phase finished because I don't like milk. This is nowehere near a whole glass full, just enough in the 2 cups of tea a day.

For breakfast i eat oat bran porridge made with water and with either a dribble of soya milk or a spoonful of no fat natural yogurt and a slice of turkey (which has no added salt or sugar in it).

For lunch a tin of tuna (not in oil) 5 or 6 crab sticks, cottage cheese or more turkey and on pv days the same but with a beef tomato stuffed with cottage cheese or a large portobello mushroom and rocket.

Dinner, I would have a steak (fat cut off), chicken breast or/and turkey steak/breast with egg, crab sticks or smoked salmon or cottage cheese, pv days I'll add aubergine/courgette or any other veg off the list.

I snack at most on the odd slice of turkey or crab sticks, sometimes a spoonful of yogurt/cottage cheese.

Because my weight has plateaud I have done 3 pp days in a row to try and kick start it (no change on scale today), I've tried to eat less dairy yesterday and today, nothing! For the last 3 nights i've been bouncing on the exercise ball for 20mins after dinner for extra exercise. Nothing!

i'm just wondering if anyone can see where i'm going wrong. The only other thing is for years I've swung between 8st8lbs and 9st2lbs, I'm just wondering if because my weight has ALWAYS stopped at this weight and I give up if my body is now putting up a defence because it's used to stopping here?

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

I would suggest looking into alternative day dieting, Johnsons up day down day, it helps shake up it metabolism x

The thing is your body has got used to a certain system. You are not doing anything wrong whatsoever. I recommend shocking the body. I don't know of any techniques that are suited for yourself. I definitely recommend going through this website or searching the net for ways of shocking your body so it starts to burn more fat on a day to day basis.

Good luck on your search

Hi I am 9 stone 4 trying to get down to 8 stone 7. I am on mfp and I eat what I want but allow myself 1200 cals and I walk 5 miles a day with a pedometer burn off bout 300 cals and eat them too. It's working well for me steady 2 pound a week weight loss I literally eat wraps chips macdonalds anything I want as long as it's within my allowance and it works!! X

Back