Can anybody help please..

Sundae16

Hi all,

I am a 35 year old mum of 3. I was on slimming world a few years ago and lost 4 stone but I tried slimming world again this time, stuck to it exactly like I did last time, for a couple of months and lost nothing. So as of 4th Jan I started calorie counting and using my fitness pal.

I eat between 1200 - 1300 cals a day but first week it told me I'd put on 2lb 🤔 It then took me 3 weeks to get those 2lb it said I'd put on, back off (1lb loss one week. Stayed the same the week after. And 1lb loss again)

I've been really disheartened as I've been trying so hard so last week I did the same but started drinking water to see if that made any difference, and lost 3lb. Thought I'd cracked it so did the same this week and I've stayed the same again. Lost nothing.

Started at 11.4. Went up to 11.6 the first week somehow, and now I'm 11. So realistically only 4lb in 6 weeks. When I lost all the weight on slimming world the first time I was over a stone down by now 😭

I feel as if my clothes are a little bigger so I tried to focus less on the weight of the scales because I have been exercising. So I thought, aslong as my body fat % is going down I'm okay with that. However my body fat % stayed the same this week too.

I'm eating between 1200 and 1300 cals a day. Trying to walk more and doing a 20min dance workout on YouTube and 30mins to an hour on the exercise bike in the evening.

I don't know where I'm going wrong. Could anybody help at all 🙏

Is there anybody that can help at all please? Since posting this 2 weeks ago I've lost 1lb. Last week my weight was 10st 13lb 1/2 and today it was 10st 13lb 1/4. Not even 1lb in 2 weeks eating between 1200-1300 and exercising each day 😫

Did you take your measurements as you could be building up your muscles but still losing fat even thou you are staying the sameish weight.

A few years ago I was 9 stone but slimish size 8/10. Now I am 9 stone but flabby size 10/12. Reason being I do less exercise now so losing the muscle definition and showing fat. I know it's fat as it wobbles.

Yep I take measurements but there hasn't been much difference. This week I lost half a pound 😒 My muscle mass on the scales went up from 22.1 to 22.2 so that increased slightly however it's just getting me down because I've lost weight before and the weight still came off the scales regardless of muscle etc

Hi all,

I am a 35 year old mum of 3. I was on slimming world a few years ago and lost 4 stone but I tried slimming world again this time, stuck to it exactly like I did last time, for a couple of months and lost nothing. So as of 4th Jan I started calorie counting and using my fitness pal.

I eat between 1200 - 1300 cals a day but first week it told me I'd put on 2lb 🤔 It then took me 3 weeks to get those 2lb it said I'd put on, back off (1lb loss one week. Stayed the same the week after. And 1lb loss again)

I've been really disheartened as I've been trying so hard so last week I did the same but started drinking water to see if that made any difference, and lost 3lb. Thought I'd cracked it so did the same this week and I've stayed the same again. Lost nothing.

Started at 11.4. Went up to 11.6 the first week somehow, and now I'm 11. So realistically only 4lb in 6 weeks. When I lost all the weight on slimming world the first time I was over a stone down by now 😭

I feel as if my clothes are a little bigger so I tried to focus less on the weight of the scales because I have been exercising. So I thought, aslong as my body fat % is going down I'm okay with that. However my body fat % stayed the same this week too.

I'm eating between 1200 and 1300 cals a day. Trying to walk more and doing a 20min dance workout on YouTube and 30mins to an hour on the exercise bike in the evening.

With Slimming World don't forget they guarantee you will lose weight, so the consultant should help you if things are not going to plan. They are human and so am I so I have found I prefer some consultants to others, perhaps another group would suit you? If you joined and stuck to plan for 2 months and didn't lose weight perhaps you need your thyroid checked, ask your doctor for a blood test. I find on SW that if I have 2 or 3 SP days a week it always guarantees a weight loss. That's good exersice, is that usual for you? If you have increased it a lot perhaps your fat is turning to muscle and weight loss will follow. When I was 11.6 I thought I was as big as a bus; I now realise I wasn't! OK I wasn't a size 10, but I wasn't too bad either. So be kind to yourself, learn to stop beating yourself up over your size it won't help, love yourself whatever size you are and focus on your best bits! Good luck!

Hi all,

Sorry for long post...

I had done SW before, and lost some weight, and finally conceived, so I stopped going, and concentrated on being a mum for awhile.

I returned to SW a few years later, stuck to the plan 100%, and gained weight almost every week. I was also exercising so much that I was the only person in the group to get onto Platinum stage on that Body Magic thing.

The only pounds I lost were from my pocket.

Every weekly weigh in it was the same, I either maintained weight or gained, and it was further demoralising to hear the other regulars boast about how they'd been to the pub, had kebabs, fish & chips, and lost weight....and no exercise.

The group leader was no help at all, she actually once asked me in front of everyone "Are you SURE you're sticking to plan?" which I found really patronising and embarrassing.

I made up my mind that I wasn't going to renew the next 3 months (I used to pay for 3 months at a time), and I was so fed up of the Group Leader not taking me seriously that for the final 3 weeks I had decided NOT to follow the SW plan and to just work on Calories in, calories out, doing my own thing.

Lo and behold, the weight started coming off. The group leader was on holiday for 2 weeks, and her stand in was someone who just spoke about what you could buy from her table and seemed more interested in selling raffle tickets for the first week, and on the second week there was an influx of new members so not everyone got chance to speak.

When the original group leader came back, I had again lost weight, and finally I got chance to speak. She was very smug when she started my turn by saying "So, LittleElle, it looks like it's FINALLY clicked with you, what have you been doing differently to have 3 weeks of losses?"

I replied "Well, you're not going to like the answer, but I haven't been following Slimming World, I've been doing calories in, calories out".

She didn't know what to say. But I must admit it made me feel good to watch her squirm in embarrassment instead of her humiliating me week after week for almost a year.

I suppose what I'm trying to say, is, please don't feel trapped into a certain method if it isn't working for you. Don't be afraid to try something else.

It's your money, your body, and nothing is guaranteed to work on every single person, even if it has done in the past, your body may be different or have different needs than the last time you followed it.

If it is getting to the point where it isn't enjoyable, maybe try another method, you WILL find the right system for you. There is no point in dreading every weigh in, or paying a fiver (or whatever it is now) each week for results that you are not happy with.

Please don't blame yourself, or think that you are going wrong. It might just be that SW isn't the best method for your body at this moment in time. Don't make yourself feel at fault.

Sending you hugs and good wishes. X

Back