Can anyone give advice

sparkyjay

Hi I've been 100% since 2nd jan, I'm due to go to butlins in 2 weeks for a long weekend with a friend and our children. The problem is its breakfast and evening meal I'm happy not to have breakfast the problem is the evening meal. I plan to have three packs and a little evening meal meat and veg. I'm just a bit worried that I will come out of ketioses and suffer and also if I eat will I continue eating and blow it totally. Has anyone got any advice?

Hi! It's difficult going away but a great feeling if you stick to your plan. Look at the list on the Atkins phase1 induction plan which should keep you in ketosis. Remember you're doing it for yourself. Someone had the slogan "nothing tastes as good as being slim feels" which stuck with me. I was an all or nothing eater but I get a buzz out of the control now and saying no. I came off for a weekend in November and regret it because I put on the weight I'd lost and just couldn't restart successfully until 5 jan. have a great weekend, play lots with the kids and maybe treat yourself to some face masks or home spa things if you're with a friend. I drink sparkling water from a wine glass! Good luck, and if you do slip don't disappear just get back on track ASAP. Have fun.

Hi - I'm going away soon too but I plan to eat meat and no carbs so as to hopefully keep me in ketosis. I have eaten out since I started and had a mixed grill and left all the chips - I still lost.

My trip will be hard coz I'm taking 45 kids to the West End with burger party deals booked at planet Hollywood etc. I'm planning to eat the burger off the bun and no more - ha it's going to be sooooo hard.

Fab advice from Angel - look at Atkins to give you a good idea.

If you haven't already - get minimins on your phone so you can jump on here for a bit of willpower if it's needed while you're away.

Enjoy xxx

Enjoy your time away. You sound determined to stick with the plan. Can I suggest you do not skip breakfast as everyone says without breakfast you get too hungry and end up eating the wrong thing! It wont be easy surrounded by temptation and relaxed but I am sure you have the right attitude so you can do it. :D
Mere x

Thanks for all your advice, going to take a print out of what i can eat and have 3 packs too

Back