can anyone give me any advice

danni

Hi ya, is anyone out there who can tell me is it normal to only lose 4lb in your first week doing ss i feel soooo dissapointed :cry:my cdc says i need to lose 2 stone but i feel i need to lose 3 any advice?

Were you doing a low carb diet before starting CD?
Did you have all your Cambridge diet every day?
How much water each day? and throughout the day?
TOTM?
Water retention?
Been to the toilet? or constipated?

All of these can make a big difference to how much you lose in the first week.

2 st isn't that much to lose hun so your first weeks loss would be lower than a lot of peoples on here (I lost 'only' 7lbs in my first week and I had 7st to lose!).
4lbs is still 4lbs less than you were last week and it's still a really good loss, I'd like to see you come up with a 'normal' diet that lets you lose that on average each week!
Keep you're chin up hun you're doing really well, you'll be 2st lighter before you know it!

Cheeky question I know but what is your weight and height just now hun? You're CDC will go by what your BMI will be at your target, so you may feel like you need to lose 3st but if it puts you at an unhealthy weight your CDC won't allow it (she/he is only thinking about your health after all!)!

Im only 5ft and weighed 10 stone 7lb when started ss wednesday my cdc says i should be 8 stone 8lb but i was 7 stone 7lb before i had my son 3 years ago thats why i guess i wanted to go back to that although i must say i did struggle abit to be that weight.
I stuck to the diet and never cheated its not ttom, and i had a berium enama, i have been drinking about 4 pints of water so was just worried that next week it will be less weight i will lose. thanx for the advice and i will stick it out.

Id say get to what ure comfortable with and happy maintaining. x

See if you go down to 7st 7lbs then your bmi would be 20.5 which is right at the bottom of the recommended bmi range, whereas if you go to 8st 7lbs it will be 23.2 which is a very healthy bmi to be (I'd kill to get that bmi!:D).

Im only 5ft and weighed 10 stone 7lb when started ss wednesday my cdc says i should be 8 stone 8lb but i was 7 stone 7lb before i had my son 3 years ago thats why i guess i wanted to go back to that although i must say i did struggle abit to be that weight.
I stuck to the diet and never cheated its not ttom, and i had a berium enama, i have been drinking about 4 pints of water so was just worried that next week it will be less weight i will lose. thanx for the advice and i will stick it out.

At the end of the day the weight you want to be is your choice, but you do have to stay healthy. I have told people I would like to be about 8 stone, I am only 5' 3" and I think that will be healthy and I will look good but I keep being told it's too small. I really don't care what they think. If I get to nine and I'm happy I will stop but it's my choice. Obviuosly as I sadi before as long as you are healthy.

I know exactly what you guys are saying and you're right it is what you are happy with.
Only thing is you have to look at it from the CDC's point of view, they want you to get to a healthy weight (that's what they're for after all!) but at the same time if you decide that you want to lose even more weight than they are happy with, they can decide that after a certain point they won't give you any more CD products because it wouldn't be good for your health. These people have a reputation to keep and they are there for your health and not (I know this is the wrong word but I hope you understand what I mean!) for your vanity.*ducks*

thanx for that i think your prob right i guess i just expected too much to quick. and i guess i was struggling to stay that weight :)

My CDC tried to tell me to only go to 10st which was right at the top of my healthy BMI scale but I finally got her down to 9st 7lbs after a bit of haggling (I actually want to be 9st max). Now I know once I hit 9st 7lbs if I want to lose any more it will have to be done another way because she doesn't think it's healthy for me to go any lower than that. Now I'm fine with that because it is her right to 'cut me off' when it comes to CD products and I totally understand where she is coming from.
For the record I will be 9st when I'm done dieting but the last 7lbs is down to me!

Have you tried increasing your water intake - you said you drink 4 pints a day which is the minimum. I lost 6 1/4 my first week and like you I don't have as much to lose as others so it will come off quicker. Don't get down about it - you are losing that's all that matters. :D

:sign0144: thanxs for the advice i will try very hard to drink more water and hope i will get better results next week x

Back