Can anyone help me please??

Em8888

Hi everyone,

I'm really hoping for some help and advice. Basically, I've hit a bit of a plateau with my weight and the scales don't seem to be moving in the right direction - OK, I know I shouldn't get fixated on this but I'm thinking there must be something I can do? I'm on mfp - embalu88 if you want to take a look. I fixed my daily calorie intake of 1598, which is my BMR. My intake varies, but generally I do come in under that.

Does anyone think that I should maybe go for 1200 daily? The thing is, I previously had my calorie goal at this and found it hard to stick to. Or should I just stick with it and eventually, a loss should show on the scales?

I'm just feeling a little disheartened - after all the diets I have been on, I have loved cc as it doesn't feel like I've been depriving myself and been able to eat like a normal person! Maybe I just need some patience! If anyone has any thoughts/advice, this would be most appreciated xxx

I sometimes find that upping my calorie intake for a few days then dropping back down again gets things moving again.

I did once have a phase where the scales stuck rigidly for 6 weeks although I stuck to my allowance they wouldn't budge but my body dropped inches in that period. Just stick with it and eventually they will start moving downwards again. There's an article on here somewhere regarding empty fat cells filling with water for a while causing your weight to stay the same on the scales, eventually the water goes and the scales drop.

Don't be sabotaged by the scales.

tranquility said:
I sometimes find that upping my calorie intake for a few days then dropping back down again gets things moving again.

I did once have a phase where the scales stuck rigidly for 6 weeks although I stuck to my allowance they wouldn't budge but my body dropped inches in that period. Just stick with it and eventually they will start moving downwards again. There's an article on here somewhere regarding empty fat cells filling with water for a while causing your weight to stay the same on the scales, eventually the water goes and the scales drop.

Don't be sabotaged by the scales.

Thanks for replying - I didn't know that about the fat cells. I will persevere in that case. I know that I'm being loads better than I would be if I ate the way I used to eat so hopefully it will start to show on those scales soon! May have a measure and see xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I think you should stick with what you're doing for now. Focus on not only watching your calories, but also making healthful food choices. Wondering if you can increase your exercise, though? Not necessarily to move the scales - more just to add to your healthful habits.

I am so happy, this week I think it may have caught up with me on the scales as I have lost about 3 lb this week! It really was worth persevering xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back