Can anyone help?

strugglingwrighty

Hi Lovely ladies & gents, firstly can i apologise if i am posting this in the wrong section, i didnt know if i should put it here or in the food section, but anyway..

At the weekends I drive a black taxi, where I live, (paying off my shoes and handbags debt!) anyway, so i drive the cab on a friday night, saturday day and night, usually i make a batch of pasta up, with just ham and extra light salad cream, or i make up a salad to take out with me (saturday day), but its getting a bit 'samey' does anyone have any good ideas for food that can be eaten cold and will last for 10 odd hours, (i work allll day saturday and the night time) sometimes i save my HEA&B to take a wholemeal pitta out but that doesnt keep me full up for long. Ive looked through the receipes but can not see anything.
Saturday mornings i have a good 'free' breakfast at home, and then i need some ideas to take food out for the day. I do have a little plug in fridge in the front of the cab with me to keep things cool. Perhaps i should get a microwave? lol!
Your help would be greatly appreciated! xxx:)

Have you tried taking hot food in a flask? You can put mugshot or light super noodles in them(with these just add them dry and the recommended boiling water seperate and by the time you are ready to eat it they are done). You can also put homemade stews and casseroles in them. This is what I do when I have a long drive ahead of me

How about taking some cooked chicken breasts with cheese in the middle wrapped in bacon and making some potato salad with lovely little new potatoes?

ooh good idea ladies, thanks, i know there are 100s of ideas out there, but i keep thinking and thinking and am getting know where! I have to have food with me, because otherwise im tempted to go Maccy Ds/burger king or kebab shop! Sometimes i treat myself to a chicken shish with just salad and no pitta, and I did find somewhere thats open later in the evening that sells jacket potatoes. Its just not always easy to pop into my house, because we may be busy and i may miss a good job! :) x

How about the SW quiche - really keeps you full too

what about potato skins if you could eat them cold?

mix a flavour cous cous, mix in plenty free veg and use some HE'a' light mozzarella, cook the night before, would be good to poss snack on during the day?

oh great thanks ladies, i'll look for SW quiche reciepe, thanks again x

I make the syn free quiche all the time

Extra low fat cottage cheese (1 x small tub) 300g
3 eggs

Whizz it together with a hand blender or a whisk

Then add free food - 'red' days I add bacon/chicken/ham
'all' days i add peppers chopped up and mushrooms
'Green' you could add sweetcorn etc

then frylight a pyrex dish and cook on 200 degrees for 30 mins, or until golden brown on top.

Leave to cool and it shrinks away from the edges....easier to get out the container then!

you could add cheese to the top for a HEA if you like too x

Ellebear that sounds perfect and syn free, thats what i like! :) x

ellebear ive just logged on quickly through my phone, im out working in my cab and ive just got to say that sw quiche rep you gave me is amazing h made it last night to bring out with me today and its gorgeous, thank you x x x x

Sorry to butt in but do you cook the veg before it goes in to the mixture?

i tend to microwave my mushrooms, but i dont do anything to the peppers or sweetcorn....as its in the oven for 30 mins....im sure it would cook through anyway!!!

And if I add meat it's free on an EE day too?

yeah - on EE, you should probably try to have some salad or veggies with it cos you should have the 1/3rd that they say you should....! Im not a EE girl, so i dont know what to suggest! :D

the obvious is salad, to stop it becoming boring, use different lettuce to the one you usually use, mix and match it with sweetcorn, peppers, carrot, spring onion, beetroot, pickled onions, chicken, bacon, ham, chicken tikka bites (syn free, freezer section in iceland) gammon strips. cheese or homemade coleslaw.

tuna pasta ~ sweetcorn, spring onion, cherry tomatoes, peppers and extra light mayo.

bacon pasta ~ same as above with bacon instead of tuna.

jeweled rice ~ cooked rice and add salad veg or peas brocoli and chicken breast.

frittata ~ spinach, onions ,mushrooms, garlic lovely cold

cooked rice and add various veggies, cooked brocoli florets, peas, spring onion, sweetcorn,onion, grated carrot, cook the rice with spices to give it a bit of extra flavour.
best doing this the night before and refridgerating and using all of it the next day.

filled pitta pocket, adsa wholemeal count as a healthy b choice, cheese triangles, bacon, egg, ham, salad, chicken

pitta pizza with your favorite toppings

soup, buy a flask to keep it hot and take that with you

chooped veggies and homemade dips.

hope this helps x

Thanks Hayley, I have tried most of those you have suggested, I just like mixing it up a bit. The SW quiche that Ellebear told me about is amazing, ive made it 3 times this weekend in total, and my fella loves it too! ha ha its brilliant! Hope you all had a lovely weekend xxx

Back