Can anyone help?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Eclipse, 1 May 2010 Social URL.

1. Eclipse

Eclipse Gold Member

Hi all, I have just joined SW (did it years ago, but its all changed since) I am mainly following the Green plan, as I cannot get my head around the EE thing.

My problem is I am so bloated I can hardly move, it is very uncomfortable and my stomach is rock hard. Is this because I don't normally eat carbs and have introduced them again.

I really don't see how I can lose weight at this rate. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so did it go after a few days or if not, what did they do?

Thanks in advance...

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Gettingthinnerbytheday

Gettingthinnerbytheday Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Are you a vegetarian?? If not what about swapping tp red days for a while to see if this helps?

I do red days - yesterday did a green & went to bed last night feeling like a whale!!! (i did have 2 plates of rissoto for dinner though!) :p

4. Eclipse

Eclipse Gold Member

Thanks honey, no I am not vegetarian, but I am not a great meat eater.

I didn't have a great deal portion wise yesterday. I had weetabix for breakfast, snacked on fruit. Had jacket pot with beans for lunch, and last night had cold pasta salad - mixture of beans on a bed of salad. Didn't have a great deal of pasta either.

Will just hang on in there and see how it goes x

5. *Cupcake*

*Cupcake* is working hard.....

Start Weight:
    20st1lb
    Current Weight:
    14st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st13lb
    Lost(%):
    5st3lb(25.98%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hi - I have recently started back (after 2 years) and I have had 3-4 days like that last week too.

Pleased to say this week it seems a lot better - I think getting used to the higher fibre for me was the problem.

Hope you feel a little better soon! :)

6. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Gold Member

Start Weight:
    9st11lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(11.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I do mostly green days, 'cause I'm not a big meat eater either. I do occassionally get bloated, have you tried Aloe Vera capsules they aid digestion & are really good, you can buy them at Boots/Holland & Barret most health shops.

Just a thought though, is it definately the carbs as you had a few beans as well.

7. Porgeous

Porgeous Chilling

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(38.07%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    Hey hunni

I don't know much about SW but based on you not being a great carb eater normally and looking at what you ate yesterday I would say that is most certainly what is causing the bloating, beans particularly will puff you up if you know what I mean! If you persevere your body should adapt to the increased amount of carbs you are eating and get better at digesting them etc.

xx

8. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    There's not a lot of superfree action going on here unless you didn't mention that ;)

It's bound to be a shock to the system when you start introducing all this carb and fibre. Your gut is having to work for it's living when it probably hasn't had to for a while if your diet was poor before. You definitely need to up the water intake and many people find that activia yoghurts work a treat. Don't worry it will pass as your body gets used to the new regime.

9. debjk

debjk Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2.5lb(24.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I would seriously give EE a try just by putting the 1/3 superfree food on your plate you will automatically be cutting down on the carbs

I used to do only Green week in week out, couple weeks ago I decided to give EE a go and I dont know why I didnt try sooner
    honestly its not confusing just 1 hea and heb a day and as much free food as you like and try for a 1/3 of your plate superfree at mealtimes.
    while SW advises you to have superfree foods as snacks where possible you can have just free foods I tended to only snack on superfree anyway thats whay it made sense to go on the EE

Good luck whichever plan you stick with :)

10. Eclipse

Eclipse Gold Member

Thanks for that, it helps to know I am normal lol x

Thanks honey, will have a look at those capsules. Will definitely keep an eye on the beans too lol x

Thank you darling, I am hoping it will settle down soon x

Yesterday was my first real day on the plan, so it was a little bit trial and error. I did have grapes, bananas, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, cucumber though, so think that counted towards my superfree.

Thanks for that, my original plan was to stick to either Green or Red and then use EE as maintenance or when I go on holiday. I might give it a go before then tho if I find myself bloating too much.

Thanks for all of your replies and support, it has really been a great help and reassurance x x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.