Can anyone help?

Eclipse

Gold Member
Hi all, I have just joined SW (did it years ago, but its all changed since) I am mainly following the Green plan, as I cannot get my head around the EE thing.

My problem is I am so bloated I can hardly move, it is very uncomfortable and my stomach is rock hard. Is this because I don't normally eat carbs and have introduced them again.

I really don't see how I can lose weight at this rate. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so did it go after a few days or if not, what did they do?

Thanks in advance...

Are you a vegetarian?? If not what about swapping tp red days for a while to see if this helps?

I do red days - yesterday did a green & went to bed last night feeling like a whale!!! (i did have 2 plates of rissoto for dinner though!) :p

Thanks honey, no I am not vegetarian, but I am not a great meat eater.

I didn't have a great deal portion wise yesterday. I had weetabix for breakfast, snacked on fruit. Had jacket pot with beans for lunch, and last night had cold pasta salad - mixture of beans on a bed of salad. Didn't have a great deal of pasta either.

Will just hang on in there and see how it goes x

Hi - I have recently started back (after 2 years) and I have had 3-4 days like that last week too.

Pleased to say this week it seems a lot better - I think getting used to the higher fibre for me was the problem.

Hope you feel a little better soon! :)

I do mostly green days, 'cause I'm not a big meat eater either. I do occassionally get bloated, have you tried Aloe Vera capsules they aid digestion & are really good, you can buy them at Boots/Holland & Barret most health shops.

Just a thought though, is it definately the carbs as you had a few beans as well.

Hey hunni

I don't know much about SW but based on you not being a great carb eater normally and looking at what you ate yesterday I would say that is most certainly what is causing the bloating, beans particularly will puff you up if you know what I mean! If you persevere your body should adapt to the increased amount of carbs you are eating and get better at digesting them etc.

xx

Thanks honey, no I am not vegetarian, but I am not a great meat eater.

I didn't have a great deal portion wise yesterday. I had weetabix for breakfast, snacked on fruit. Had jacket pot with beans for lunch, and last night had cold pasta salad - mixture of beans on a bed of salad. Didn't have a great deal of pasta either.

Will just hang on in there and see how it goes x

There's not a lot of superfree action going on here unless you didn't mention that ;)

It's bound to be a shock to the system when you start introducing all this carb and fibre. Your gut is having to work for it's living when it probably hasn't had to for a while if your diet was poor before. You definitely need to up the water intake and many people find that activia yoghurts work a treat. Don't worry it will pass as your body gets used to the new regime.

I would seriously give EE a try just by putting the 1/3 superfree food on your plate you will automatically be cutting down on the carbs

I used to do only Green week in week out, couple weeks ago I decided to give EE a go and I dont know why I didnt try sooner
honestly its not confusing just 1 hea and heb a day and as much free food as you like and try for a 1/3 of your plate superfree at mealtimes.
while SW advises you to have superfree foods as snacks where possible you can have just free foods I tended to only snack on superfree anyway thats whay it made sense to go on the EE

Good luck whichever plan you stick with :)

Hi - I have recently started back (after 2 years) and I have had 3-4 days like that last week too.

Pleased to say this week it seems a lot better - I think getting used to the higher fibre for me was the problem.

Hope you feel a little better soon! :)

Thanks for that, it helps to know I am normal lol x

I do mostly green days, 'cause I'm not a big meat eater either. I do occassionally get bloated, have you tried Aloe Vera capsules they aid digestion & are really good, you can buy them at Boots/Holland & Barret most health shops.

Just a thought though, is it definately the carbs as you had a few beans as well.

Thanks honey, will have a look at those capsules. Will definitely keep an eye on the beans too lol x

Hey hunni

I don't know much about SW but based on you not being a great carb eater normally and looking at what you ate yesterday I would say that is most certainly what is causing the bloating, beans particularly will puff you up if you know what I mean! If you persevere your body should adapt to the increased amount of carbs you are eating and get better at digesting them etc.

xx

Thank you darling, I am hoping it will settle down soon x

There's not a lot of superfree action going on here unless you didn't mention that ;)

It's bound to be a shock to the system when you start introducing all this carb and fibre. Your gut is having to work for it's living when it probably hasn't had to for a while if your diet was poor before. You definitely need to up the water intake and many people find that activia yoghurts work a treat. Don't worry it will pass as your body gets used to the new regime.

Yesterday was my first real day on the plan, so it was a little bit trial and error. I did have grapes, bananas, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, cucumber though, so think that counted towards my superfree.

I would seriously give EE a try just by putting the 1/3 superfree food on your plate you will automatically be cutting down on the carbs

I used to do only Green week in week out, couple weeks ago I decided to give EE a go and I dont know why I didnt try sooner
honestly its not confusing just 1 hea and heb a day and as much free food as you like and try for a 1/3 of your plate superfree at mealtimes.
while SW advises you to have superfree foods as snacks where possible you can have just free foods I tended to only snack on superfree anyway thats whay it made sense to go on the EE

Good luck whichever plan you stick with :)

Thanks for that, my original plan was to stick to either Green or Red and then use EE as maintenance or when I go on holiday. I might give it a go before then tho if I find myself bloating too much.

Thanks for all of your replies and support, it has really been a great help and reassurance x x

Back