Can anyone help?

littlemeercat

I wonder if anyone can help. I've been doing slimming world since March 2011 and lost 5 st 10lbs. I've been building the exercise up steadily and can now run 10k in 70 minutes. I now do a personal training (weights) session for 45 mins, a speed run of 3 miles, and a long run (now of 10k) each week.

Its all going so well, except my weight loss has slowed dramatically and basically stopped. I'm not eating differently than I was 5 months ago, so I'm not overeating or anything and do stick to the EE plan with both HE and about 10 syns per day.

I'm still toning up - I've gone from size 20 to a starting-to-get-loose-in-places size 12 and the inches are still coming off. Any ideas on what might kick start the weight loss again as I'm still not in a healthy BMI? :confused: I can see the end in sight. . . I just can't get there :(

How long have you been doing the exercise?
Did you up your water when you started exercising?
How long have your weight losses been slow for?

Sounds like you might have to 'Mix up' your exercise a bit. Your body might be getting to relaxed and used to doing it x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Perhaps your body is used to everything now. If your eating and exercising the same it may just need a little shake up to make it wonder what youre doing. Perhaps a cheat day or some different foods, more superfree something like that to make it guess for a while? X

I am by no means an expert, but my first thought was are you drinking enough water? You must remember to rehydrate yourself during/after exercise.

Also, like Rkmriddell said, you might just need to mix things up a bit. Try out some new activity for a while, and see how you get on maybe?

Try not to become disheartened - look how far you have come already xx

Thank you for all your comments above. I started exercising when I started the diet, one minute run then 2 minutes walk and have gradually built it up since then. I'm doing race for life 10k in May so need to keep the running up for that. I drink about 1/2 litre of water each time I exercise and probably another 1/2 - 1 during the day. I really enjoy the running now (never ever thought I'd hear myself say that!), but the weight loss has slowed from the start of December - I lost and gained the same half pound for the whole month, gained over Christmas, then lost it the first week after, then I've maintained again for 2 weeks!

I like the idea of trying a class somewhere in the week - maybe spinning is an option and also trying to eat different foods. I must admit I'm kind of in a "routine" of what I have to eat - I'm not the best cook in the world and not overally adventurous. But I need to do something!

Firstly - go you! Size 20 to 12 is amazing!!

To throw my thoughts in - maybe you're increasing muscle? You said you're still losing inches (which I'd say is more important?) so it must be that all the brilliant exercise is kicking in and changing your body? As someone else said tho, it's worth shaking up your routine. Even if you just change one day your body will have to adjust which might do it? X

I agree with 'goningtobeskinnysoon' shake up the exercise - I train 5 days a week, one paid session with my personel trainer, 3 lunchtime classes with the same trainer but free and a couple of sessions myself first thing in the morning for cardio (just starting to run) his sessions are never the same, we do different exercises at each session, and he changes our personel training plans every fortnight.

I also try hard not to eat the same foods although breakfast is difficult, lunch I vary between salads, Ryvita type lunch with Philly and soups and try to mnake sure I dont repeat my evening meal more than once a fortnight.

You are doing amazing, I am sure with a few minor tweaks the weight will start to move again and in the meantime enjoy the feeling of the 'new you'. I have lost just over 4.5 stones now since May 2011 and gone from a size 22 to being in my first size 12 skirt and cant believe just how great I feel...the girl in the mirror just cannot be me....

First of all well done! You have done amazing well, I'm pleased to hear about your running because that is exactly what i'm doing walk for 2 mins run for 1 I have built it up and managed to run for 6 minutes last week so i'm really happy to hear it does work like that.

I would try and mix the exercise up a bit and try not to be too disheartened if you are still losing inches.
Have you tried throwing in some red and green days or having a superspeed day/week?

Thank you everyone again for the lovely comments and encouragement. Arctic blond not grey, my body fat is healthy at 28% (lost 10% in the last 3 months) so I'm really happy with that and my muscle has increased as has they hydration levels as they were low before.

I went for a pt session today and she said it has stopped because of the muscle gain which is probably fair enough. However I am going to mix up the exercise more and put in a class each week as well. I'm also going to mix up my lunches more - I had quiche today and have a uncle ben's rice time for tomorrow so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Thanks everyone x

Back