Can anyone help?

Wallywithabrolly

Hi

I am new to WW but not new to loosing weight - I have lost over 6 stones since January and switched from a VLCD to WW 4 weeks ago to try and loose the last little bit and maintain the weight healthily. After a couple of bad weeks before joining WW I had gained a little.

My first week I lost 7 lbs and the second I lost 4.5lbs - but this week I gained 2.5lbs. I have been eating all my dailies and for the last week ate all my weeklies (didn't touch them the first two weeks). I know I am suffering with some water retention (hormonal issue and oestrogen levels according to the doc) but I can't have gained 2.5 lbs in a week whilst sticking to the plan - can i?

I love the plan, I am not giving up - but has this happened to anyone else? Any tips on what I can do to get the scales moving again?

Any tips will be really gratefully received because I don't want to get impatient and think that I need to go back to a vlcd to loose the last 10 lbs :(

Somepeople find that if they eat all their weeklies they put on weight others find they lose more by eating all weeklies you might unfortunately fall into first group :( maybe try eating 3/4 of your weeklies or half them this week and see if you lose weight. Its a bit of trial and error to see what works for you. Did you eat all your weeklies in one go or did you space them out over the week. Or did you eat them too close to your weight in day that might have made the difference.

In saying that it could be just your water retentions as you say just see this week and hopefully you will start losing again. Good luck

It is doubtful that you will have gained 2.5lbs of fat in one week whilst following WW, it's more likely to be fluid retention.

But play around with your weeklies, maybe have less this week and see what the scales say next WI.

Thanks guys - I will try having only half my weeklies this week and see if it makes a difference. I agree I cannot have gained that much fat in a week - lets hope things correct next week. :D

My leaders also said some people just can't eat all there weeklies as they end up with a small gain at the end of the week ... Play around with them and maybe only have half... Most of the 2.5 is probably water retention though

Did u do anything different before u got weighed!? Maybe drank/ eaten more/ different clothes?
Did u get weighed at same time!? Have u exercises more this week?
It will prob show next week on the scales. I have stuck to plan for 4 weeks now, by the book. Lost in first two weigh ins, then gained 2 lb in week 3, before losing 4.5 this week!
I believe if you stick to plan it will all even out eventually....
Just don't get disheartened and throw your hard work away! :( keep it up!!! Xx

Thanks for all the replies……believe it or not lost over 5 lbs this week….I knew it wasn't fat but it was nice to see it come off.
Totally back loving the plan and going to try and keep on it til the rest comes off now!

Back