Can anyone recommend a good pair of scales?

Clareel

Persistence not perfection
I need a new pair of scales, I've had my pair for years and they need replacing. I would like to spend about £10-15, could go up to £20 if it was really worth it. I'm not too fussed about body fat or anything like that I just want to know how much I weigh.

Thanks

Got mine in Argos! :) Cost a bit more than £20 but Salter scales are very accurate and I believe there's several good ones under the £20 pound mark! Accuracy is what you're looking for - can't be doing with all this uncertainty of whether I've really lost, really gained etc. (or being able to tilt just sliiightly to one side and lose 5lbs haha!)

Weight watchers precision scales got mine from argos

They go to the 1/4 pound and are exactly the same as the hospital and the calibrated ones at work!

I have the EKS doctors mechanical scales. I don't like digital ones as the ones I've had in the past haven't been accurate (you get on and it says one thing, get off then get back on and it says something different).
The EKS are the ones my doctor uses so I figured they were ok! They've stayed pretty accurate and if the needle ever moves off zero there's a dial to alter it back. The pound lines are small but the kilo ones are big so if I can't tell what it says I just convert it from kilos to stones and pounds. But usually I can tell!
They are £21.99 from Argos but you can probably shop around.
http://www.argos.co.uk/m/static/Pro...418375/c_3/3|cat_14418375|Scales|14418376.htm

Thanks guys to Argos it is! I'm with you on the accuracy of the mechanical scaled saddlebag - I work in a hospital and I do jump on the ones in work occasionally, but for my weekly WI I need a number to be displayed in front of me otherwise I think I'd just kid myself that I'd lost more than I had!

I have salter kitchen scales they are very good, I think I'll go for them :)

X

Back