Can Exercise Slow DowN Weightloss?

JustForMe

Gold Member
Im curious!

mucle weighs more so it could im not willing to take the risk so dont do any lol

You're unlikely to build much muscle, if any, on a calorie deficit, but muscles can hold on to water.

More importantly, you are looking to lose fat, rather than weight. Weight will come with it though.

Celebrity Slim is a higher calorie diet than the likes of CD, LL etc, but I forget how many :D Anything over 1,000kcals and cardio should bring fat loss.

Under that could be a problem though. Resistance is always good whatever the calorie level.

if you dont build mucle why do they tell you when you go to the gym and diet that mucle weighs more?

You're unlikely to build much muscle, if any, on a calorie deficit, but muscles can hold on to water.

More importantly, you are looking to lose fat, rather than weight. Weight will come with it though.

Celebrity Slim is a higher calorie diet than the likes of CD, LL etc, but I forget how many :D Anything over 1,000kcals and cardio should bring fat loss.

Under that could be a problem though. Resistance is always good whatever the calorie level.

if i restricted my calories to 1000
how many calories should i be burning?
will my body then start to hold onto water?

im just stuck on a plateu and need to tone and get the lbs shifted!

theres a site that tells you how many cals you need but i cant remember what its called, i cant see how you wont lose on a 1000 cals cos most say that women need 2ooo a day,

if you dont build mucle why do they tell you when you go to the gym and diet that mucle weighs more?

Muscle does weigh more. The aim of resistance if in a calorie deficit is to help retain muscle mass.

If you think about it, you need to eat less than you body requires to lose weight. So, enough to support your organs, give you energy, but there must be a deficit so that it gets some energy from burnt fat.

There's not enough left to build muscle which needs lots of calories.

I think exercise is essential for long term success.......and this is the difference between the scales and the tape measure.....cut your calories and exercise = weight loss and a toned bod

on low carb diets mucle doesnt hold on to water, just asked a body builder friend of my daughters,

if i restricted my calories to 1000
how many calories should i be burning?
will my body then start to hold onto water?

It will often hold on to water anyway, but with more resistance, you'll lose inches and help retain muscle mass which will boost your metabolism longer term.

1,000 cals is close to the threshold when things get a bit more complex....ie losing muscle mass, reducing metabolism etc.

im just stuck on a plateu and need to tone and get the lbs shifted!

Personally, I wouldn't go for extra exercise to get the pounds shifting. Not if I was only on 1,000kcals. Have you tried tweaking the diet. More cals, then dropping etc to get the metabolism going again?

god im thick lol how can muscle weigh more than fat a lbs is a lbs lol why do people say that lol

i was on 1400
then iv slowely dropped to 1200
now 1000

its just not working, so thats why i thought about exercise

Shaz I am with you...naturally there is a lower intake of calories when you do low carb/Atkins.....because you feel fuller for longer..with no snacking inbetween!!!....the thing is we are conditioned by the powers that be on what we should be eating..........so whatever you do there will always be contradictory arguements

ill try it for the rest of my 2 weeks, im going to do 20 minutes on the cross trainer everyday

see if it makes a difference?!

if not at least ill start to tone up :)

When I was younger....I never had a weight problem...because I exercised....I could eat what I liked.....(I am not kidding).......The thing is with weight loss we want immediate gratification....and we want to be uber thin.....maintenance is the hardest part of a diet....exercise is the catalyst that will keep the weight off.....
So if you put some weight on after the onset of exercise....don't worry.....get the tape measure out....you may be pleasantly surprised!

god im thick lol how can muscle weigh more than fat a lbs is a lbs lol why do people say that lol

Yeah :D It weighs more by volume though. A body builder can weigh loads, but have little fat, and be 'leaner'.

Interesting what your body builder friend says. Most body builders have carb up days, so don't truly low carb..not to build muscle as the muscle needs the extra glycogen for body building.

If there was no extra water to protect the muscles whilst they healed, I'd be quite worried :confused:

your right keeping it of is the hardest part when i lost lots of weight before i found it hard to keep it up

Back