Can I actually do this?

Hello and thanks for reading. Please excuse the self pitying paragraphs that follow...

This is the first time I've done any kind of diet apart from a few months on ww about 12 years ago and I chose Exante and am currently on day 6.

I knew I had about 3 stone to lose but as I'm not into weights more how you look/size of clothes I never really took much notice of how much I weighed when I go to the doctors in the past.

Anyway, today I finally succumbed and I bought a set of scales. I just weighed myself and I'm around 13.5 stone which means I would need to lose closer to 5 stone than 3.

Im feeling pretty disheartened, like can I actually stay on this and only have shakes, soups & bars in my future? So rather than eating something which if I'm honest, is all I can think about, I thought I'd write this.

Ive spent the last 4 days reading so many of your posts & diaries, and so many of you are so inspirational so I feel guilty having this little moan but hopefully you can understand the feelings of wanting to give up.

Sigh....

How do you get past this feelings of utter failure?

Ironically yesterday was my first completely 100% day.

Feeling fairly hungry but that's due to my rubbish water intake so i'll put that right tonight. I hope you're getting through your days well and are fighting away the tempting thoughts that get us into this pickle! Just got to remember why we started :) x

Back