Can I come back please??

miniladyuk

I have been faffing around trying lots of different things.....latest being slimpods...which help with my attitude to food, but not with weight loss! I have 12-15 months til I get married :) and want to be slim!
Last time I did Atkins (2008) I lost 3 stone in 5 months and felt great....unfortunately I have gone back to high carb (don't know why because I feel much better when low carbing) and the weight has crept back on.
My plan is to keep listening to my slimpods to try to stop me overeating just for the sake of it, but to follow Atkins at the same time for the weight loss.
I used to post here now and again, and hope you will welcome me back :cool:
M
xx

Congratulations on your forthcoming marriage! When I saw you were going to do atkins I wondered if you had considered Dukan diet? I started dukan on monday and weighed today and have lost 4lb! I am so happy and motivated to carry on with it . I think dukan is similar to atkins as in you eat lots of protein. The dukan forum on here has been so helpful, dukan has a website that gives you an idea what a healthy weight is and how long it might take you to get there. I am hoping to get to a healthy weight and bmi by the summer so I am sure you will be able to achieve your weightloss by the time of your wedding. Good luck with whichever plan you choose, and don't forget there are lots of us on here going through the same thing,so you are never alone :) x

Thanks Sonya...I've done dukan in the past...I have a shed load of stuff for making the pancake things still in the cupboard!!...but think Atkins suits me better...probably because I understand it and know what I can get away with!!!
Thanks for the congratulations....I can't wait to be slim enough to seriously think about dresses!!!
M
x
I will be interested in how you get on with it though.

Hi M,

i started Atkins on Tuesday, never done it before - god knows why because its the perfect diet for me!! im a savoury girl and love salad and veg....and cheese lol!

Amazing that you lost 3 stone in 5 months! also congrats on your upcoming wedding! i know there's quite a few brides to be on this forum!

i have to say i love this diet, i was on Slim Fast and a VLCD before switching and my god am i happy i did it!! im soooooo much happier, feel healthier, look healthier and have energy!! :)

good luck hun
xxx

I will keep you updated :) and good luck!! How exciting looking for dresses!!! :)

Welcome and good luck - you know it works and suits you:)

Thanks all...just finishing off the evil carbs in the cupboard before I make a proper start!!

OK...Day 1 today...I'm off sick with a stinking headache and sore throat...don't really feel like eating...so as good a day as any to start the journey into ketosis...managed bacon and egg for lunch...I know I'll soon get fed up of it, but at first it's a real treat isn't it?
Soooo looking forward to being slim :)
Now I need to suss out these MIMs...never quite got the hang of them before and don't like cinnamon...but would love a kind of bread substitute!...any tips?
M

Hi there, I started with the slimpods in the New Year and like you found they were great for my attitude to food. I think they seem to help with getting you to the way of eating that you know works for you and for me that's low carb.

So far so good.

I tried the mims for the first time today. I left out the cinnamon and put unsweetened cocoa powder in instead - took ages to chew my way through it! I put mascarpone on too (not suitable for induction for some reason) and it was great.

Oooops.....managed a bottle of dry white wine last night ...lol
Got on scales in trepidation...and still lost 3 pounds since i started 3 days ago ...so I can't complain :)

Back