Total Solution Can i do it again???

MsJoJo

Hello lovely minimins ladies
My name is jo, I lost 5 1/2 stone on lighterlife about 6 years ago but sadly I have now put all but the last half a stone back on again and am feeling pretty crap about myself :(
Can't afford to do LL again so j bought a load of exante products a few months ago but as yet have not managed more than a couple of days before i go back to old habits - REALLY need to get this weight off. Can I do it again???

Yes you can!!

Welcome and good luck!

The first few days are tough, but hang in there and it really does get so much easier.

The best thing? It works!!!

Of course you can, you've just got to stop fearing failure and make a promise to yourself to make the change. Set a start date enough in the future that you've got time to "say goodbye" to all your current bad habits, but not so far away that you can kid yourself by extending it indefinitely.

For me, I decided that I needed to do something to help myself near the end of August. I set the start date of the 1st Sept, and then set about getting myself excited about my new life. Then, when the 1st Sept arrived, no excuses and am going for it.

So far have managed to keep a social life with my OH (despite him drinking beer and eating chips in front of me - which to be honest I encouraged him to do because I need to learn to make this diet "normal" rather than hiding myself away in the house getting lonely and depressed) because I know I want this weight loss more than I the short term pleasure of food and alcohol.

Also, I keep reminding myself it's not forever. That beer will still be there in 5 months time, and more importantly, by then I may have learned not to drink so much of it!

Yes you can! I did LL first lost a few stone (years ago) put it all back on plus more and after dozens of tries I finally got my head in gear and restarted on exante, you just need to get in the right frame of mind and you'll be fine ;)
Good luck!!

Thanks ladies :)
Think the idea of setting a date is a good idea, what I tend to do is just say 'i'll start tomorrow' and then find a million reasons why not to in the morning.
So I'm going to make a commitment now. I'm going to give myself a couple of weeks to prepare myself and thenI'll start back day 1. I'll check my shifts when I get to work tomorrow and figure out the best date and I'll be back on here tomorrow to commit to a start date.
Would you recommend starting a low carb diet now in preparation? Or maybe do a week of replacing one meal a day followed by a week of two packs a day before going total solution? Better than going cold turkey?

MsJoJo said:
Thanks ladies :)
Think the idea of setting a date is a good idea, what I tend to do is just say 'i'll start tomorrow' and then find a million reasons why not to in the morning.
So I'm going to make a commitment now. I'm going to give myself a couple of weeks to prepare myself and thenI'll start back day 1. I'll check my shifts when I get to work tomorrow and figure out the best date and I'll be back on here tomorrow to commit to a start date.
Would you recommend starting a low carb diet now in preparation? Or maybe do a week of replacing one meal a day followed by a week of two packs a day before going total solution? Better than going cold turkey?

I would recommend just starting is there any reason you can't start tomorrow you could have 7lbs-1stone off by the time you were going to start ;)
The sooner you start the sooner it's over!
I always just go cold turkey myself when starting
Good luck

I've done the 'i'll start tomorrow' thing so many times now and I always fall off the wagon. I've got a couple of birthdays coming, including my mums 60th which is a Chinese meal out so I think I'm better off setting a realistic start date.
What I think I might do is start tomorrow on 2 packs a day and one healthy meal and then at least I'll be losing some weight in the meantime and the jump to total solution won't be such a big step

So I'm going to make a commitment now ... I'll check my shifts when I get to work tomorrow and figure out the best date and I'll be back on here tomorrow to commit to a start date.

Excellent! There's nothing quite like deciding to do something to make you feel better about the world and yourself. By starting to take control of your life, you'll find yourself... taking.... control.. ... ... of your life.

Okay, so that sounded better in my head than it does on paper.

Do whatever is best for you. I went "cold turkey", but to be honest I was so excited at the prospect of making a change that you couldn't have stopped me! I don't see this diet as a chore or something to be afraid of - for me it's an opportunity for change and to be happier about being me. Even if I only lose a few pounds, I'm still going to be a few pounds lighter than I was before I did the diet.

Please note when reading the exuberance of my post that there's a very good chance that I'm euphoric on ketones right now.

You're my best mate, you are.

I need to go lie down now.

Last edited:
Lolol :) I'd forgotten all about the ketosis high - now there's something to look forward to!

I've got to be honest with you, I'm enjoying it so much I may well put myself out of ketosis just so that I can put myself back in ketosis.

Ketones. Worse than crack, I'm tellin' ya.

Your story sounds familiar, I'd lost 5 stone with LL 4 years ago, and then put back on 4.5 of it. I never reached my overall goal the first time. Exante feels so good, and it is brilliant to start achieving your weight loss goals. Good luck as you get stuck into it, whenever you decide to start.

I have been weaning myself off food since Thursday and really just need to stop making excuses and go for it - Did it properly (just three packs on Thurs) and then I have been on 2 packs and a no-carb meal for the last 3 days. From tomorrow I am going just with three packs as I am confident that I can do it...just seemed to need a few days to convince myself!!

Good luck whichever way you choose to do it x

Right Day 1 of the weight loss starts here!
I've decided to do 2 packs plus one healthy meal to begin with until I get all my September birthdays out of the way so that starts now and I'm going to do total solution 100% starting on 19 September. Weighed myself this morning I'm exactly 15 stone, hoping to be 12 stone by Christmas - wish me luck!!!!!!

Good luck! Though at the risk of sounding a little negative... if you're going to start taking two TFRs and a meal, you may not be achieving the required nutrition that you need (that's the whole point of TFR, after all).

Why not start today with 3 packs plus one healthy meal, so that you start getting into the swing of things whilst at the same time making sure you're covered nutrition-wise, and then on the 19th Sept drop the healthy meal and go 100%?

Basically, my suggestion is to do exactly what you're doing, but with three food packs instead of two just to be sure you're not doing yourself any damage. In other words, ease yourself in with the Working Solution Exante plan!

Hmmmm I see what you mean but I'm thinking I want to get into a routine of 'eating' 3 times a day and then just replacing the meal with a pack might be easier. I'll see how I go over the next few days and if I feel I need an extra pack atleast I've got that option.

Well so far so good. Had a choc orange bar for breakfast and tomato and basil soup for lunch and they were yummy. I've drunk gallons of water lol that's another thing I'd forgotten about from last time - haven't had time to eat because I'm constantly at the loo. Discussed how my weightmakes me feel with my OH over a nice healthy tea of fish and veg and I'm feeling really positive. I think this couple of weeks to build up to total solution will give him a chance to get used to the idea of me not eating too and that can only help me stay on the wagon once I'm on there :)

You're too nice! All my OH got was "I'm not eating any more. Deal with it."

Admittedly it's slightly easier for us since we're not yet living together, but considering we're both a) foodies b) who like their beer it is going to be making our social life a bit odd for a while until he gets used to ordering a plate of food and beer for him, and a glass of water or coffee for me.

Then again a social life based on regularly eating out and drinking beer was a major contributing factor to my weight, so it's probably time to start doing different things together that don't involved pubs or restaurants!

Hahaha I guess he will just have to deal with it but the last time I lost all my weight with LL I was single and it wasn't an issue. In fact it was losing the weight that gave me the confidence to put myself out there and look for a man in the first place. I wasn't at my thinnest when I met him but I was about 3 stone lighter than I am now. He's insistent that he finds me just as attractive as ever but I feel like a different person when I'm fat so offthe weight has to come!

Back