can i do this?...... mmmmmmm i wonder

pipski76

Hi there my name is Pippa and while i was thinking about writing a blog in the vain hope it will keep me on track i came across this site joined and here i am! :hide:
Iv always been some sort of ambassador/voice for the big girls out there... big is beautiful and we should not be treated any different to any other human being! I'm kind of known in the bbw (big beautiful women) world even having my own group on facebook dedicated to them! We arrange meets where big girls and their admirers meet up for drinks or a meal its great helping people who feel they dont belong in this society to feel welcome and realise that they are admired! :hug99:
I also attend many nights out in london and manchester at a venue called big girls paradise again a place for big girls/men and for their admires. I have met some life long friends there who i wouldnt be without! :talk017:

I also joined slimming world last tuesday and you may be thinking why? she seems to love being a big girl?
The answer yes YES I DO...but alas my knees dont!

So although iv joined slimming world its with no desire to be thin or woman of the year as bad as that may sound .. its to lose the 4 stone i have put on during the last 2 years to help my poor knees! But.....

My problem is i just cant seem to stick to anything my mind wanders, and before i know where i am iv slipped a cake down my throat with god knows what else.. so my thinking is this.
If i pop on here when feeling like i need to eat bad things and read peoples threads i will feel uplifted and not want that bad cake!

so good luck to everyone and thank you for reading! :thankyou:

Last edited:
Hi Pippa, Welcome to the forum.
It's good that you are taking your health concerns seriously as it's bound to get worse as you get older..trust me!
I am sure you will soon be getting lot's of response from SW members altho' I am not doing that one myself.
Great that you have started up your own diary...way to go!..:D
Wishing you all the very best in your journey to a new you...:)

p.s. Go to UserCP and then Edit Your Details to fill in the "side " info..hope that's useful to you.

Well done on taking that step hun :D

And in response to your thread title, YES you can do this! :bighug:

Thank you got my 1st weigh in tomorrow so fingers crossed!
BTW im not 4ft 8 a it suggests im 5ft 6 lol

Last edited:
Well i have my 1st weigh in tomorrow evening and on reflection i think i didnt do to bad! :innocent0001:
A few hicups in the beginning but fingers crossed im on a roll!
Now foe a coffee and a read around on here :read:

hello, i am just catching up and finding new ones to read when i found yours :D

welcome to minimins :D i love your attitude to your weight I actually think it is sad that most of us feel we are defined by our weight alone:sigh:

I have struggled mentally for years but have at last realised my weight doesn't define me i am more than just what i weigh:D

good luck on sorting out those knees. I am sure i will be back seeing how you are doing xx

Dying to see how you got on xxx

Well i lost 3lbs im happy but disappointed all at the same time.:sigh:
I guess at your 1st weigh in you expect a huge loss, which has happened before, but i did take a few days to get back into the sw plan.
So iv had a small treat and back on it tomorrow!:)
I will prob bore you all to tears with my daily drivel and my food diary where hopefully if i do something wrong you guys will point me in the right direction! ;)

So i'l bid you all na night and see ya in the morning! :4633:

Well i lost 3lbs im happy but disappointed all at the same time.:sigh:
I guess at your 1st weigh in you expect a huge loss, which has happened before, but i did take a few days to get back into the sw plan.
So iv had a small treat and back on it tomorrow!:)
I will prob bore you all to tears with my daily drivel and my food diary where hopefully if i do something wrong you guys will point me in the right direction! ;)

So i'l bid you all na night and see ya in the morning! :4633:

:welcome:
Don't be disappointed with your weight loss. 3lb is a good start :clap:.
I only lost 4lb on my first week that was exactly 1 year ago on 10th Jan. I lost a steady 1 or 2lb each week and have now lost a total of 60lb which is just over 4 stone.

So slow and steady gets there, come on here have your rants when you want too thats what its here for. But also read up on the wonderful support thats also here.

:wavey:Good luck its all down from here onwards.

Thanks everyone means alot to know i have support from people who understand! :)
I shall now put the washing on and contemplate what do eat today! :sigh:
Btw do any of you know the syn value of an sachet of oats so simple with either fruit or golden syrup?
Iv been told its a healthy extra but if you have the flavoured one you have to count 2 syns too.

Anyone know if this is correct?

Thought i would share this with you all. After being slightly disappointed with my weigh in for which reason i really dont know why a friend who is a personal trainer told me 3lbs weight loss is more or less ten thousand calories and five days worth of food ....puts it all into perspective really x

Thought i would share this with you all. After being slightly disappointed with my weigh in for which reason i really dont know why a friend who is a personal trainer told me 3lbs weight loss is more or less ten thousand calories and five days worth of food ....puts it all into perspective really x

:D yep it does

you've done amazingly well hun, just keep at it xx

Back