Can I do this?

Hi Hellybelly,
I am only in week 5 so not an expert. I know the pain of watching the people you live with eat what you love. I live with my OH who is 6ft weighs 9.5 - 10st and can put whatever he wants in his mouth and do nothing without gaining so much as a pound...that is frustrating! I have found that busying myself works a treat. My OH bought me a dress that i absolutely loved (but they didn't do it in my size) in a size 12. I am going to wear this dress on my birthday (should finish abstinence 2 weeks before) and i am going to look good. I have hung the dress in my room and everyday i look at it and it really does give me that extra boost.

Another thing i have found helpful is setting mini goals. I am trying to think in the hear and now. Instead of saying '1st3lbs down, 4st11lbs to go', I am saying '1st mini goal (stone) reached. Only 11lbs 'til mini goal number 2 is done!' This makes it all seem slightly less daunting for me.

Time really does fly by. I can't believe i've nearly finished week 5. I also cannot believe how simple and effective it is. I know it won't seem like that to you at the moment, but rest assured that if you battle your way through the tough first week and see the results at your weigh in it is all going to seem so worthwhile!

Keep going...you really CAN do this!

x

Back