Can I drink low calorie fizzy drinks on Atkins ?

Jeep

Otherwise known as Jools
Hi All,

Am an old member of the site - not been on for yonks, lost loads on a VLCD a couple of years ago but due to lots of personal and work stresses (still ongoing) managed to put it all and some more back on again. I am quite depressed over that and extremely mad at myself for doing so. However I know that I have to do something now and a VLCD is not quite right for me at the moment, so was thinking of Atkins. Have had a read of the forum, and skimmed through the book but am a bit confused as to whether you are allowed to have Diet Coke or Coke Zero drinks on it or not. I am a Diet Coke addict and remember when doing Lipotrim/Exante how boring it was just to drink water all the time. I am not really a fan of black coffee/tea (not so keen on hot drinks) and fizzy water was just dull after a while - so was very pleased to note that on Exante Coke Zero was allowed in reasonable quantities and was just wondering if it was something similar on Atkins ? Any advice muchly appreciated thanks :)

Coke zero is allowed - it's preferable to diet coke as it has malic rather than citric acid, but drinks with a little citric acid are still ok for most people as long as they're sugar/carb free.

Coke zero is allowed - it's preferable to diet coke as it has malic rather than citric acid, but drinks with a little citric acid are still ok for most people as long as they're sugar/carb free.

Brilliant thanks Moonlights - that will make things so much easier. I realise its going to be hard work but not as hard as a VLCD. Going to do a bit more research and then will be on board the Atkins bandwagon as I feel it is going to be the best way for me to go :)

Great, looking forward to having you on board! Quite a lot of us (including me) have done vlcds in the past. Loss on Atkins is slower - about half a stone a month once it settles - but definitely not as hard.

Back