can I eat unlimited amounts of sugar free jelly?

I am on sw now, but when i did ww i would quite happily sit and eat a whole bowl of sugar free jelly!! Its free, why not.
x

its not actually free, a portion is free a whole sachet made up is 0.5pts just like one slice of wafer thin chicken is 0pts but 2 is 0.5pts

You're right WMBB, you do need to be careful with things like that. I remember my mum being shocked when I told her that 2 slices of bread was 2.5 points and not the 2 points that she had been counting.

0.5pts is still ok for a whole bowl of jelly!!!!!!

I switched because my loses we very slow, have been on sw and same has happened again, so may well be back to ww.

You're right WMBB, you do need to be careful with things like that. I remember my mum being shocked when I told her that 2 slices of bread was 2.5 points and not the 2 points that she had been counting.

I have to admit I count 2 slices of 0.5 bread as 1 point. Always have. It's just stupid the way WW do that. Makes a mockery of the whole points thing as far as I'm concerned.

I don't think that it is stupid. It's just rounding up and down otherwise we'd be adding up 1.4 and 2.8 and 2.6 pts etc. DH works all the points out in his head and just rounds the result up or down to make it to the nearest point, same as WW do.

I had forgotten about the jelly the cupboard, will not be making it for later on. I love it a tad squishy not properly set.

I don't think that it is stupid. It's just rounding up and down otherwise we'd be adding up 1.4 and 2.8 and 2.6 pts etc. DH works all the points out in his head and just rounds the result up or down to make it to the nearest point, same as WW do.

but if you work it out on a WW calculator it's 0.5 points it's not 0.7 or 0.8. It's 0.5. Im quite sure there are other things that work out as being rounded down so
it probably balances itself out in the long run. But as far as I'm concerned 0.5+0.5=1. And it certainly doesn't appear to have harmed my wis :).

That's because the calculator rounds it up or down for you. If you do the actual calculation and end up with a calorie value of 1.1 and a sat fat value of 0.2 then you will end up with a points value of 1.3 which the calculator rounds up to 1.5. I'm guessing that for a slice of standard bread which WW point at 1 will be around 1.2 which will be rounded down to 1. Hence two slices will be 2.4 which is rounded up to 2.5

Not saying that you have to :) Stick with what work for you. Just pointing out that it does make sense.

I just get anal about it and HAVE to know that I am doing it accurately. And e-source puts it as an extra 0.5 so I go with that.

LOL! Each to their own :D

Seriously though Esource is shockingly inaccurate with a lot of things. I'm not sure if it's not updated regularly but when I used it I found a lot of things were showing under their correct points value on esource compared to if you used your calculator. The class I went to actually spent time every week where people highlighted mistakes they found. I found one Asda ready meal had a 3 point discrepancy on esource compared to when you worked ot out yourself. Shocking when you think how much money WW are getting from members

True. I always check everything and if there is a discrepancy I enter it as a new food based on the nutrition info on the product.

Back