can I exercise too much?

Lotus2009

never thought I would be asking this but can I over exercise. since I started the second week on LT I have had loads more energy and actually keen to do exercise. (a miricle that never has happened before :D)

Currently do half hour of cardio a day and half hour of resistence and try and go for a half hour walk at lunchtime.

Anyhow wittering but exercise cheers me up and is obviouly good for me but don't want to do too much and stop losing weight.

Cheers for any advice.

I am faaaaaaaar from being an expert, but I think its only doing too much on the weight training side of things that would cause you to stop losing weight,
Cardio should help to continue your weighloss, I think anyway, and walking is of course fine.
Also as you build more muscle you may weigh the same for a little while, but will "look" alot thinner, as you will be more toned.
I have just joined the gym and am also slightly worried I may become heavier to begin with, Just going to focus on the fact that if I do, if I stick to my diet, the gain will be short lived.

Well done for being so motivated and excersising so much, especially in this heat!
:)x

Hi Lotus,
I certainly am no expert on exercise also, however I believe from what I read on here that exercise has to be toning, not cardio or aerobics as these can cause you to go into starvation mode and therefore as well as being dangerous for you will cause you to hold onto the weight rather than lose. There are exercise threads on here, perhaps have a look at them. I know walking, swimming and toning is fine, but other than that....don't know. Best of luck.
Doirin

even more confused now? will just keep doing a little bit of cardio and pleanty of walking and see what the chemist says at my WI.

I do loads of exercise and my weight loss is fine certainly not put me in starvation mode for sure

I do 3 times a week with heavy weightlifting and 3 times cardio as well. Also walking and bike rides too.

I really enjoy the exercise and do plenty. obviously the weight losses mightt not look as fantastic if your getting muscle gains but whilst on a diet like this muscle gain is going to be minimal as your not taking in whats required for your muscles to get bigger

Most muscle gains come from the diet, not just gym work.

Thanks Adam.

Enjoying the exercise for the first time in my life so don't want to stop. Will need to do shed loads if I am going to fall off the wagon like today.:cry:

Back