can i freeze houmous?

Laurie

MM addict
Hi all i've been readin past threads, on different variations of the scan bran cake.
I would like to know who has tried it and what you think?
I would also like to know how many syns the cake is. I know you can use the scan bran as hexb...
please can someone enlighten me thanks
xxx

Ahhh Scan Bran...or more affectionately known as corrugated cardboard! Its dry and difficult to eat as a crispbread, but the minute to make a cake or anything else...its completely different! Also be aware you will go to the loo with it too...it didnt get the name scan BRAN for nothing..Lol!!!!

I dont Hun...only have the mince couscous one and I know you've done that one already...ummmm I think Space Angels posted one on a thread a little while ago.

One of the guys at our class made the scan bran cake and brought it in for a taster. I've always wrinkled my nose up at anything that contains scan bran! But, I tried it and it was actually very nice. It was very 'cakey' and although I wouldn't eat a lot of it, it was palatable.

I don't have the actual scan bran cake but this is a chocolate scan bran cake. I would assume for the scan bran cake you'd leave out the cocoa, although I'm sure the scan bran cake has weetabix in it.

Low syn chocolate cake
Syns for the whole cake : 9 yummy syns OR 6 1/2 + 1 healthy extra B choice.
5 Scan bran
3 beaten eggs
1 level tablespoon golden syrup
1oz cocoa powder
1/4 mug sweetener
1.Soak the scan bran in hot boiling water until softened, drain and mash.
2.Mix all the ingredients together and pour into a microwavable bowl.
3. Microwave on high for 7 minutes, when cooked the cake will be springy to the touch and will have pulled away from the side.

or try

Sticky toffee pudding
Syns for the whole cake : 10 syns OR 4 1/2 syns + 1 healthy extra B choice.
4 scan bran
1 level tbsp golden syrup
1 sachet of options - tempting toffee flavour
1 weetabix
1/4 mug of sugar
2 eggs
1.Soak the scan bran in boiling water to soften, then drain and mash.
2.Add the syrup, sachet of options, weetabix and sweetener.
3.Beat the eggs together in a seperate bowl, gradually add the eggs to the scan bran mixture, mixing well.
4.Pour into a microwavable bowl, and mic for 8-10 minutes. When cooked the cake will be springy to the touch and will have pulled away from the side.

I love ScanBran!

Have done a couple of the cakey things with it, but like it best for breakfast, either just one added to porridge or 2½ with milk then microwave then add sliced banana - YUM!
Everyone at work calls it my gruel, as they're sat there scoffing huge syn laden cumberland sausage buns!!

LOL this might be a bit bizzarre or tmi: but I just imagine all those little bran flakes gathering up fat on their way out :8855:

tempting toffee options wasn't @ asda anyone seen this anywhere else?
gonna have to make chocolate one now never mind

I bought some the othe day will have to make something with it some good ideas there :)

didnt want to start new thread just 4 a quick question...
i got some reduced fat houmous the other day when i went shopping & i havent been on a green day since and wont be until next week...only problem is it runs out on Sunday...
do you think i could freeze it?
seems such a waste to throw it... i didnt realise that you couldnt have it as a healthy extra on a red day?

Back