Can I gate crash please?

Discussion in 'Low Carb Diets' started by ditzeeblonde, 6 June 2008 Social URL.

1. ditzeeblonde

ditzeeblonde Call me Linzi...

Start Weight:
    21st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    10st1.5lb(47.25%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    Hi
    I am new to this forum & I am on day 5 of my diet but now have a few questions & not sure where to look for answers...

I have started back on a diet I did in 2006 & I lost 7 stone in 4 months (google Dr Cohens 1st Personal Diet for details). Its a very restrictive diet of 400-600 cals per day with a limited selection of proteins, vegetables & fruit per day. The only 'carb' is crackerbread.
    I have done fairly well this week but have had a few cheats, bigger portion of steak, some cheese, which aren't allowed on Cohens.
    I got some ketostix today which show I am in ketosis... the thing is I have had a really bad headache (which is why I've had extra cheese & crackerbread b'coz thats a well known cure for headaches :rolleyes:)
    I know I should stick to the diet but its so hard 2nd time round & before by this time the headaches had gone! Are they just a sign of being in ketosis & perhaps b'coz I've not been 100% is why they are lasting longer?

I'm craving a quorn jalfrezi tonight (which isn't on Cohens) & am debating if I should just go on an Atkins style diet? Or is this just me copping out again on sticking thru the hard part?

Also what is the effect of alcohol (say 1-2 vodka & tonics) when in ketosis?

I guess I am just looking for someone to either kick me up the backside & say stick to Cohens you've got this far.... or say do Atkins is just as effective & easier?

Someone help I'm one very confused ditzeeblonde!!!!!! :cry:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

it's always quiet on here on a Friday.

The headaches - does the diet recommend you drink a certain amount of water and are you doing it? That would be the first thing I'd recommend ... drink more water. Have you cut back on caffeine - perhaps you are having withdrawal headaches. Maybe you just have a headache today. Paracetemol may be a better option than the crackerbread and cheese :)

Even on an Atkins style diet you couldn't have a quorn jalfrezi. Your mind is playing games with you and trying to get you to eat something else. Remember why you chose to go back on your diet and remember it is successful when you do it correctly. Don't let that little voice sabotage you.

Some people do have 1 or 2 vodkas while in ketosis. It is not recommended though - some studies show it is actually dangerous. If you decide to, please be careful.

Consider this a kick up the butt. Keep going for a while longer on your diet. Try to stop the picking.

I'm now going to google it as you have got me interested :)

4. ditzeeblonde

ditzeeblonde Call me Linzi...

Start Weight:
    21st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    10st1.5lb(47.25%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    Hi Dancing

Thanks for responding. I stayed on the straight & narrow after having a kick up the butt from another member & I'm so pleased that I did!

Have had a good day today been 100% on track!

As for the headaches who knows, never have drunk caffeine & drink 4-5 litres of water per day! Could've been one of those days like you say!

Thanks again... did you check out Cohens?

5. buffydog

buffydog Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    cd / ss
    hi,
    i had a few headaches to start with, i think water really helps, i now drink 4 litres & no more headaches....:)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.