Can I have a Gin & Slim Line tonic on SS?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by cat-bee, 16 January 2009 Social URL.

Post New ThreadFind New
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cat-bee

cat-bee Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(7.61%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers Pro-Points
    As per the title, I know gin has no carbs, but was wondering if it'll knock me out of ketosis if I have 1??....:D

Thanks

CatBeeX

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Dieting Rambler

Dieting Rambler Size 14 Here I Come!

Start Weight:
    20st6lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st2lb
    Lost(%):
    3st13lb(19.23%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet SS
    Mini likes this.
  4. abz

abz Gold Member

it can be really dangerous to drink while on ss hon. i wouldn't risk it. people have had some really horrendous experiences!!

Mini likes this.
  5. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

:nono::nono:eek:hh naughty naughty!! very dangerous to drink whilst in ketosis sorry to be the bearer of bad news!!:)

Mini likes this.
  6. cat-bee

cat-bee Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(7.61%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers Pro-Points
    oh Pooh! lol

Thanks for the replies, I wasnt sure whether to have one or not, but I wont bother if its a bit risky...:eek:

Thanks

CatBeeX

7. sammylammy

sammylammy Trying Harder

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(6.6%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I appreciate everyones opinion, but I would try it and see. Personally I have a large vodka and soda every night, sometimes more, I havent had any problems, i stay in ketosis and this week I have lost about 9lb unofficially ( ie my scales not CDC) and thats since Tuesdays weigh-in. MY CDC said Gin or Vodka was fine, and some of his clients drink a bottle of wine a the weekend and they are still losing. i have read the danger thread, but honestly, if I couldnt have a drink I know I couldnt do this. No lemon though!!!! Should I have any bad effects i will of course stop immediately. My CDC sais the biggest risk was that you would then lose inhibition and have a kebab or something on teh way home.

8. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(6.75%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Drinking alcohol while SSing is strictly forbidden on any food replacement diet and I think unfortunately anyone who says different is greatly mistaken.

I think Linda CD Counsellor would of informed us if Cambridge Diet changed it to allow alcohol while SSing.

Love Mini xxx

9. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

I cant believe your cdc said that to you. Surely she cant be going around telling her clients its ok to drink? when i first started cd my cdc warned me not to drink. Not saying anything bad to you sammy i just cant get over your cdc!!

Mini likes this.
  10. DeckingJim

DeckingJim Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st1lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st4lb
    Lost(%):
    4st13lb(25.84%)
    Diet:
    LL then band on 10 Mar 2009
    Dont do it - It can be very bad for you
    Abstinance is the only way - I used to drink 2 bottles of white wine per night but not touched a drop for 11 days

Cheers

James

Mini likes this.
  11. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

Just to reiterate, drinking alcohol on SS is a complete and utter no-no. Apart from it not being part of the plan - four packs, water, that's it - alcohol during ketosis can be dangerous.

I don't want to contradict anyone's CDC, but it is most definitely not acceptable - whether it affects your weight loss or not - it is DANGEROUS.

12. Kitteh

Kitteh Resident geek

Diet:
    sw
    Im shocked that cd have allowed this cdc to continue tbh.. my guess is they dont know or something would be done about it.
    just wait until some poor soul doing ssing ends up drinking, then in hospital.. then cd will be the ones blamed, not the cdc
    x x

13. devonbabe

devonbabe Silver Member

Diet:
    CD
    it may not knock you out of ketosis as such but it will stop the fat burning process because the body will metabolize the alchol first . even if you test with ketostix it may show that you are still in ketosis, when infact youre not because the alcohol can give a 'false positive' reading becausee the stix are checking for a specific ketone in the urine.

why are you even considering drinking alcohol? if youre doing SS, then where in the SS plan is alcohol an allowed drink?

its cheating. just like having a big fat chocolae bar... only more risky

please dont do it.
    it can be detremental to your health.

you may think youre being clever and getting away with it, but its not worth it.

Mini and Kitteh like this.
  14. GaynorEm

GaynorEm Proper Little Madam

Diet:
    HealthyEating
    I had a friend that ended up in hospital after drinking while SSing - she returned home three days later after been a very poorly girl.
    Personally I wouldn't even sniff any alcohol until SSing had finished.

Mini likes this.
  15. CW Consultant

CW Consultant Gold Member

It is dangerous to drink any form of alcohol whilst on CD. Please do not do this as you are putting your health at risk

Any CDC who would like to discuss this with me please make contact.

You can do this by contacting

Expose Email.

or contact me directly.

[email protected]

Mini likes this.
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.